Specialized Enduro evo either regular or S-works M or L 2013-14

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
looking for a enduro evo either Medium or large 2013-14 maybe 2012 if its top spec and in good condition. preferable 26 inch wheels but if good deal willing to go 650b.

faulko

Likes Dirt
looking for a enduro evo either Medium or large 2013-14 maybe 2012 if its top spec and in good condition. preferable 26 inch wheels but if good deal willing to go 650b.

What's your price range!

I may move on from my (2 ride old) 2014 Enduro Evo 26" large if the money is right.

Forgot add it may have added goodies.

Last edited:

treble

Likes Dirt
Sorry mate, are you after an enduro evo? or an s-works enduro? There is no s-works enduro evo. There is an enduro evo and an enduro expert evo. The s-works is a different model that is not part of the evo range

faulko

Likes Dirt
Sorry mate, are you after an enduro evo? or an s-works enduro? There is no s-works enduro evo. There is an enduro evo and an enduro expert evo. The s-works is a different model that is not part of the evo range

This is true!

Specialize usual range approach is comp, evo, expert and s-works but enduro is different and the reason i have an evo and not a comp :(

Last edited:

treble

Likes Dirt
Yeah, except the Evo doesn't sit in the line up between comp and expert. The Evo is a separate line, a 'more aggressive' variant. The frames have different geometry to the comp/expert/s-works, as well as different component spec.

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Yeah, except the Evo doesn't sit in the line up between comp and expert. The Evo is a separate line, a 'more aggressive' variant. The frames have different geometry to the comp/expert/s-works, as well as different component spec.
Yeah I'm looking for either a sworks or a Evo both top spec preferable a top spec Evo

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Yeah I'm looking for either a sworks or a Evo both top spec preferable a top spec Evo
The Evo is a completely different bike, it's pretty much a DH bike (in fact guys have been racing the WC DH on them) and not really designed for climbing at all. The Enduro is a an 'all mountain' or 'trail' bike that's designed to do it all. If you have any interest in riding up hills, don't waste your money on an Evo. I have an S-works enduro and it's the best bike I've ever owned. The one on here for $5k is the bargain of the decade considering the spec. I'd be all over that considering it's within your budget. You'd be hard pressed to find anything else like that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Spesh haven't released a 650b version of either bike and won't be doing so until 2015 or 16.

treble

Likes Dirt
So your looking for either:
an S-works Enduro: http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bikes/mountain/enduro/sworks-enduro
or an Enduro Expert Evo: http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bikes/mountain/enduro/enduro-expert-evo

as those are the 'top spec' models.

The Evo is a completely different bike, it's pretty much a DH bike (in fact guys have been racing the WC DH on them) and not really designed for climbing at all. The Enduro is a an 'all mountain' or 'trail' bike that's designed to do it all. If you have any interest in riding up hills, don't waste your money on an Evo.
Agreed, they are very different bikes. Although, I have an '13 Enduro Evo and while it doesn't climb as easily as my hard tail (or presumably the S-works enduro), its still a perfectly capable AM machine. If you set them up correctly they are a very versatile bike, and load of fun. Mine is set up 1x10 and I rarely find a hill I can't climb.

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
So your looking for either:
an S-works Enduro: http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bikes/mountain/enduro/sworks-enduro
or an Enduro Expert Evo: http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bikes/mountain/enduro/enduro-expert-evo

as those are the 'top spec' models.

Agreed, they are very different bikes. Although, I have an '13 Enduro Evo and while it doesn't climb as easily as my hard tail (or presumably the S-works enduro), its still a perfectly capable AM machine. If you set them up correctly they are a very versatile bike, and load of fun. Mine is set up 1x10 and I rarely find a hill I can't climb.
Probably say I'm after an Evo more than anything. But if I can grab a good deal on a sworks I'll buy that.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
No it isn't, as stated above, they have different frame geometry
yeah they have slightly different geo, but its negligible. the sworks is carbon the evo is alloy. he is asking about either and i meant just get the sworks and convert it to the travel of the evo with a 180 fork up front and coil or longer travel air shock on the back. it can be done then you get the best of both, once you put the longer travel fork on your gonna get closer to the extra 1.5 slacker head angle of the Evo variant.

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
yeah they have slightly different geo, but its negligible. the sworks is carbon the evo is alloy. he is asking about either and i meant just get the sworks and convert it to the travel of the evo with a 180 fork up front and coil or longer travel air shock on the back. it can be done then you get the best of both, once you put the longer travel fork on your gonna get closer to the extra 1.5 slacker head angle of the Evo variant.
That's interesting. I do love carbon.