DJ Specialized P.1 2010 (White)

Wardrop

Likes Dirt
It's been posted on here before, but due to its popularity and a couple of photo requests I've got, here is my now 3 day old, White Specialized P.1 2010.

These photos were taken after a quick clean, as I'd already ridden the bike through a bit of mud and dust. I haven't owned a lot of bikes, and I lack a lot of experience, but this bike handles very well in the air. It's almost impossible to stack.

Note, everything is stock, minus the seat post which is a few inches longer than standard.

EDIT: Photos of my Giant Trance X3 2010 can be found here...

Last edited:
Your P.1

Hey mate, nice ride I'm loving it!

I ride downhill abit and have considered getting into dirt jumping abit more as there are more jumps then downhill tracks around here. Can I ask what you think of the forks and how it is the manual and wheelie?

Once again awesome ride, Cheers, Tim.

Wardrop

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately, I'm probably not your biggest help when it comes to riding experience. This is my first DJ bike, and I haven't ridden a BMX or anything similar in a number of years. So not only am I not very good at manuals or wheelies, but I don't have much to compare this bike to. What I do know though, is that the seat does need to be up a little to have any chance of pulling a wheelie. Otherwise you just can't get any power through to the pedals, making it hard not only to pull up, but to sustain. Wheelie's are definitely something I plan to do on this bike though, so I'll be sure to post back when I have a bit more to say on the subject.

To comment on the forks, I think they're great for the job. I'm no expert, but I've already had some awkward flat landings on the front forks and they've handled it beautifully (no jarring or bottoming out). They also don't seem to absorb any pedal power at all unlike some other front suspension bikes I've ridden. So simply based on the feel of them, I'd say they're quite a good match for this bike.

Thanks

Thanks heaps! All that information helps me alot:) thanks heaps, I need to convince the parents to lend me some money now.. I will let you know how I go with that and if I get a P.1 or something similar. Once again very nice bike and lets keep in contact of our riding stories!

Cheers, Tim

Wardrop

Likes Dirt
It was $1500 from my local bike shop (Pump n' Pedals in Far North Queensland). I didn't bother trying to knock down the price.

As for the seat, it can drop down about another 1.5 inches, but I find it's current height ideal for my current uses.

coreydickfos

Likes Bikes
p.1

nice bike my mate just got one and he swaped both his mechanical brakes for one hydro one the back you could think about doin that