p2 Cro-Mo or STP 0?

• p2 Cro-Mo

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • STP 0

Votes: 88 65.2%

• Total voters

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Hey guys (and girls?)... I'm looking at buying either an STP 0 or a Specialized p2 (cromo). I can't really pick which one would be better in terms of spec. All I can really pick between them is the fact that the STP 0 is baby blue in colour (ewwwww), and the p2 (cromo) is orange (awesome)... Any of you guys out there got an opinion?

p2

STP 0

Last edited:

cameron94

Likes Dirt
hey dude, do you think you could make this a pole because it has two bike comparing...

And about the bikes, Both are really really good... STP 0 has good value and the p2 is good too.
With the p.2 you'll have to upgrade the rims with in a few weeks of riding, well thats what review tell me. This is a good thread for me because i want to know that answer...
(ill proberly get one of these bikes!)

Bottom Line: No matter what you get, you are coming away with a great bike, which ever you go.

Last edited:

matty hall

Likes Dirt
just putting my 2 cents in but im pretty much evry review it sais you will have to replace the stock rims with in a few weeks. my mate has had his stock rims for about a year now and hees a pretty hard rider. he has had to get them straitened a few times but as long as you ride smooth you can have shit rims and hot have to replace them.

glenburton

Likes Bikes
P.2 definitely STP is good but fuk the colour nd i rekon the P.2 will go better with ur style even if u have to replace the rims in the first few weeks oh and orange FTW.:)

Last edited:

cameron94

Likes Dirt
hey, you know that orange 'p.2' you posted up? Yeah well thats the P.2 cro-mo... So i dont know if you mean you p.2 cro mo.. did you?

floody

Wheel size expert
STP0. P2s..the aluminium one has a reasonable weight with rubbish geometry, the steel one weighs a metric arseload but has all the right angles and lengths...

So STP0, its just a fantastic all round package and the difference in value for your $300 or so is absolutely enormous.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, with the P2 you will be able to go singlespeed easy (horizontal dropouts, no need for tensioner), and may be better set-up for more park/street riding. The STP on the other hand, although stock with vert. dropouts (and pretty mcuh every man and his dog has one), is a killer spec on a frame with possibly the geo on a stock DJ bike. Coming from this, I'd suggest looking into something like the 08 Norco DJ range, and other completes like the new Commencal Absoluts and etc before deciding on a purchase. Another option would be to buy a complete (with the best spec for money you can get - STP) and swap the componentry onto a frame of your choice.

But it all comes down to price range. What at we looking at here?

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Under 2k, and too bad ZERO more 08 Norco DJ/Street/Park bikes are going to be shipped to Australia, and there are none in Perth. And btw, I meant I wanted the p2 cromo all along, not the p2.

liam2051

Banned
haha just saw the poll results..... guess that kinda makes it official. congratulations you are going to be a stp 0 owner

cameron94

Likes Dirt
if you were think of getting the p2 or stp 0 it would be closer but i reckon the stp0 with win by far now since you are considering the p.2 cro-mo