Specialized SWAT bib pant

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone use the swat Bib pant . Looks like a good idea but does it get hot for AU conditions , is it practical for water carrying .

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone use the swat Bib pant . Looks like a good idea but does it get hot for AU conditions , is it practical for water carrying .
I do, big fan. Much more comfortable than all the other bibs I've used. I store a tube, C02, multi tool and museli bar in mine usually, never tried water.

teK--

Eats Squid
The is OK but the main concern of mine is having bottles, tools, etc in it, and then crashing and falling onto the items against your back.

Owner of the LBS only had a helmet strapped to his camelbak and when landing on it ended up breaking his back.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I have a pair, they're good at what they are marketed for. Just as teK said though, you need to be prepared to land on anything you put in there. I have carried water bottles in the side pockets with no problems. I have considered buying a collapsible water bottle to use in them

I haven't noticed them being hotter than any other bib.

Spesh cop a lot of ridicule for there SWAT stuff, but I think they're ahead of the curve on this. Great concepts all round, I just wish I could afford one of those frames with the swat box.

Last edited:

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's not a bad idea using a water bladder rather than a bottle. I've only had a couple of rides on mine, both carrying a bottle in the back, and while it's comfortable I did worry about falling and doing some damage

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do, big fan. Much more comfortable than all the other bibs I've used. I store a tube, C02, multi tool and museli bar in mine usually, never tried water.
Hayden dose it have side pockets on the leg for a Co2 cart ? .

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The is OK but the main concern of mine is having bottles, tools, etc in it, and then crashing and falling onto the items against your back.

Owner of the LBS only had a helmet strapped to his camelbak and when landing on it ended up breaking his back.
That was the first thing that sprang to mind if I was to carry a multi tool there . But for 2 x water bottles and some Gue i thought it would be ok , just wondering if they can take / handle , 2 x 500 mil water .