Specialized SX frame 04

carbonboy

Likes Dirt
enduro sx

i was thinking of one myself a little while back to replace the 02 bighit with something i thought would be an allrounder.
i read some stuff on mtbr or ridemonkey about what some people had to say. from memory the main concern was the small stroke shock and lack of replacements. but someone had put an avalanche on one. There doesn't seem too much room around the shock for piggyback shocks was another concern.
i ended up getting an 04 bighit for the time being. i love the spv shock and will prob never consider another dually without some spv style shock.
I think a normal enduro would be better for allround trail riding than the SX but there is a little more confidence inspiring in thicker tubes and slacker angles for DH duties. plus they have more travel with tricker shocks anyway.
hope that helps even if i haven't owned one. have play ridden one tho.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
The rear shock isn't a worry as it can be replaced easily if needed. I was more worried about the frame angles making it a bitch to ride up hills, a bit like the Tazer fs.

Ryan

Radministrator
They're basically a poor man's Intense Tazer, for rich people. Almost identical geometry to the 4-Bar Tazer's but the RRP here in Australia has been a bit "optimistic" the last few years.

I'd love one personally, if the price came down a bit. The last dually I owned was an FSR and it took a beating, I reckon one of these could take a similar one :)

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
i haven't had any direct experince with an sx, but it was designed to be a 4X bike - hence the minimal travel.

i guess it would make a decent trailbike, but obviously you wouldn't want to be hucking off things. it has some nice relaxed angles though, nice looking frames.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there priced at 1799 rrp frame only I though... Doesnt' seem an unreasonable price to me... And you don't have much choice with spring either. The stock spring is apparently longer than the stroke so it can be preloaded onto the shock to make it extra stiff. I'd personally absolutely dig one for BMX and 4x, pitty my pocket doesn't :(

Ryan

Radministrator
:shock: nice.

Last year they were asking around $2200 for them in Australia, that's what I thought was a bit much, $1800 is much more like it :)

Skin

Likes Dirt
I got one about a week ago .....

Still building it up as we speak ......

Should be operational in a few weeks....

I'll let you know

This is as far i i have got..... grrrrr

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
bloody hell skin, is this replacing the P1 or what? Will be bloody pimp when its built!

Skin

Likes Dirt
LTR said:
bloody hell skin, is this replacing the P1 or what? Will be bloody pimp when its built!
Replacing ....NO ....P1 Stays ...Sx is going to be my Play 4X Race bike..

Just for refference , Diffrences from 03 to 04 SX ..., 04 Has Vanilla R Pro Pedal shock, and Beefier Seat tower/tube.... ohh and has a Graf Secondry sticker kit too, (not so sure about that)