Specialized World Team?

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Interesting to see that at the recent Asia Pacific Challenge, Sam and Troy were racing under the banner of the "Specialized World Team" whereas during the World Cups, the team was named "Monster Energy Specialized"... Have I missed something or is this the change that those Team Rumour cartoons were referring to?

driftking

Wheel size expert
They are still running monster on their kit and clothing during interviews so I would say that its safe to say monster are still in the picture. Maybe monster was not supporting the event, The race was run by specialized and if the whole monster specialized team was not at the race, then I would suspect troy and sam were been looked after primarily by specialized world team not their own personal team. Meaning that they raced under another team name, they were still representing specialized but becasue the monster team was not directly at the race specialized took credit for the other work they put in???

Been a specific Specialized run event potentially they were racing for specialized only and it was a requirement with Specialized only, hence they are still sponsored riders but they were not under the full team.
Of course I may be off base and there could be a simple explanation.

Last edited:

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
"Team Monster Energy Specialized brought Sam Hill and Troy Brosnan",
cut and pasted straight form the PB interview, but yeah i see the world team thing on the result sheet. maybe just a localised typo.

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone heard the rumior that Hill is leaving Dh and rid:ing for Chad Reed MX this year , Shaurn Oconer has left YETI and moving to MX this year .

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone heard the rumior that Hill is leaving Dh and rid:ing for Chad Reed MX this year , Shaurn Oconer has left YETI and moving to MX this year .
Wouldn't surprise me but there again, most things we've been hearing for the last month or so are that Hill's back into full training etc for DH.

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've heard Chad say that his operation will be a one-rider team this year, as it was last year. He has no plans as yet to install a second rider as of now but did not rule it out in the future.
However, he would never even think about picking up a bloke that's never raced an AMA National, and only then he would have to be one of the top lites/450 riders to boot. Sam is amazing no doubt, but he would be lucky to hang with these top guys for more than half a lap.
Chad is a perfectionist/does nothing half-assed and as a team owner would demand results/championships. He wouldn't give a rider like Sam what is essentially a factory bike just so he can learn the ropes.

Last edited:

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sams not quitting DH you bimbo... He has started fitness training with his old coach. Do you know how i know this, Becasue ive been going on road ride with them and trust me, sam is going to be one fit and strong muthafucka this year

stevenw

Pro Rider
Plus can't picture Shaun O'Connor racing MX because the last time I saw him ride a bike, he crashed into the fence. he's not real good at MX. I did hear that he was givng DH away because he was sick of having no money.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sams not quitting DH you bimbo... He has started fitness training with his old coach. Do you know how i know this, Becasue ive been going on road ride with them and trust me, sam is going to be one fit and strong muthafucka this year
Keep ya pants on darling , it was just something i heard and was wonting to know if anyone had heard the same .