Specialzed e150 forks

ronster44

Likes Dirt
I am thinking of buying a 08 enduro and comes with e150 fork ,I have had a look around the forums and there seems to be some reliability problems with the fork. So i`m asking has any one owned on of these forks and have they had any trouble with them.

rupertc

Likes Bikes
Yeah, i have a set of them on my enduro. I find them really good, really adjustable and great climbing lockout thing....

I know people who get rid of them for single crowns but if your gonna do that just go buy an epic.

+1 for the enduro

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
its not the fork i would worry about. always check the linkage bolts on the rear of those things ive seen a few just POP out willy nilly.
nice bike none the less. go for it.

Todd

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
I am thinking of buying a 08 enduro and comes with e150 fork ,I have had a look around the forums and there seems to be some reliability problems with the fork. So i`m asking has any one owned on of these forks and have they had any trouble with them.

New or secondhand? I've had the attitude adjust cartridge go in mine twice now - replaced under warranty thankfully and recently the right side internals were replaced also. If it's new then no drama as you get 5 yrs warranty but if it's seondhand any failures you'll be shelling out for in which case you're probably better off buying new forks at that time. Attitude adjust cartridge was going to cost $700 according to the Avanti shop I used so was very glad I had that warranty to back it up. Just my experience.

Great bike, just some things to be aware of with the E150.

ronster44

Likes Dirt
New or secondhand? I've had the attitude adjust cartridge go in mine twice now - replaced under warranty thankfully and recently the right side internals were replaced also. If it's new then no drama as you get 5 yrs warranty but if it's seondhand any failures you'll be shelling out for in which case you're probably better off buying new forks at that time. Attitude adjust cartridge was going to cost $700 according to the Avanti shop I used so was very glad I had that warranty to back it up. Just my experience.

Great bike, just some things to be aware of with the E150.
Yer It`s secondhand I read about the attitude adjuster on mtbr the shaft bends on the 07 and early 08s, is the fork still ridable when the attitude adjuster is stuffed?