Spoonman - Triple M

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone else on Farkin listen to him? Triple M 10pm til 1am Tuesday to Fridays.
I was going to post up a Farkin challenge to mention Farkin on his show last week but our internetz screwed up. Anyway, twas listerning this week and Luke? called him up and mentioned the website and what it is etc and wanted help getting infomation about getting trails built. Who was he?
Link to Spoonmans wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spoonman

Podcast http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/thespoonman/podcasts/index.html

What are your thoughts about him?

Joy

Likes Dirt
Best thing on radio since Martin Malloy! Got a txt read out on air once which made me pretty happy. Love the classic rock too

nath288

Likes Dirt
Does anyone else on Farkin listen to him? Triple M 10pm til 1am Tuesday to Fridays.
I was going to post up a Farkin challenge to mention Farkin on his show last week but our internetz screwed up. Anyway, twas listerning this week and Luke? called him up and mentioned the website and what it is etc and wanted help getting infomation about getting trails built. Who was he?
Link to Spoonmans wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spoonman

Podcast http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/thespoonman/podcasts/index.html

What are your thoughts about him?

Haha funny you mention that, i didn't think anyone would have heard that. It was me and my mate Liam last Wednesday night reppin farkin.net. We waited close to 40 minutes for that call, although the other callers kept us entertained.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha funny you mention that, i didn't think anyone would have heard that. It was me and my mate Liam last Wednesday night reppin farkin.net. We waited close to 40 minutes for that call, although the other callers kept us entertained.
Heh, after the fiasco Sandtastic and myself caused in the last Spoonman, we're sorry for taking your credit with a badly thought out practical joke. :eek:

Good on you for calling and repping farkin!

DINGUS

Likes Bikes
Best Radio Show Ever!

The ATFS is good too.

We should probably do what he said about lobbying politicians but I'm always busy riding..:)

P.S I was crushed when William got lost.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Best Radio Show Ever!

The ATFS is good too.

We should probably do what he said about lobbying politicians but I'm always busy riding..:)

P.S I was crushed when William got lost.
What happened to William!?

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He was found safe and sound, just abit confused.
The story was that he thought he was in trouble so he ran away...
They didnt reveal what he did.
I was really hit by the story, and it was great when he was found.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
I love the Spoonman, i listen most nights, but not to the whole show. Mabye a good 15-20 minutes because its abit to late for a (now) year 12 student.
Anyway, he is great. I love the topics he brings up, and how he has an opinion on everything and is (sometimes) willing to listen to others no matter how bizare.
One tip to callers. Do Not Try to e-battle this guy. He Will WIN.

DINGUS

Likes Bikes
One tip to callers. Do Not Try to e-battle this guy. He Will WIN.
Does it count as e-battling if you're on the phone?

Your point still stands though. For example..

Did any of you listen to The ATFS episode when spoony went off his nut at Garfield.
Number 31 it was I think.

Always listen to spoonman as much as I can (another one to witness the farkin call). Did many people here the alien conspiracy guy that was probebly on hold for half an hour just to entertain us all :D.

Always good when I can't sleep :)

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"Hey Everyone,

I don't normally send group mail through the website - but this is a special occasion. You may have seen the secret coded message Odie has put on the Wiki recently. I have spoken to Odie and because Spoony, Garfield & Odie all now work at Triple M (in different roles) it may be possible to continue the ATFS podcasts as an internet only special!

But.... We need your support - Odie says they need a strong fan base if the ATFS return is going to go ahead. Spoony specially made this a point, that it should only be done with strong fan support. So this is what you need to do - on the fan club we have a nice new poll - located at the top left above the naviagation controls on every single page (so you can't miss it) asking the simple question - Would you like ATFS to return?

We need you all to vote - and tell your friends who listened to the show, but who are not a part of the fan club to vote (you don't have to sign up or anything to vote)

Another possible aspect to the show may be live video streaming of it - stay tuned for that!

I'll send out more information when I get it - just get your vote in!

Thanks Everyone - you all rock!

Odie & Andrew (Fan Club Adminstrator)"

Fuck yeah!

mlsred

Likes Dirt
triple M have just shot themselves in the foot spoony was with out a doubt the best thing on radio hands down. Do you have a link to the ATFS fan site I can't find one, might just be my complete lack of computer skills

m_g

Likes Dirt
cant say Ive ever found him "funny"...maybe Im missing something...also, he hates cyclists ..he's said many inflammatory things on air, basically encouraging drivers to give cyclists a hard time

Last edited: