Spot the Pro

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
An exchange student at uni from America told me that the American mtb worlds team was on her plane over here (2 weeks ago). It seemed a tad early to me, anyone else heard anything?

This has prompted me to start a "tracking" thread of pros that you see/hear of. I remember last year quite a number were spotted in the lead up to the WC.

Spot away....

d_j1

Likes Dirt
I find that a little hard to believe, unless they've sent the members of the team that don't race world cups (if there are any), as Aaron Gwin, Luke Strobel etc. have just raced MSA and Bromont in the last two weeks. In saying this shall be a fun little thread. On that note, I'm selling maps to the stars hotels and training grounds. $5 a pop to found out where Hill and Brendog will be riding and staying!

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find that a little hard to believe, unless they've sent the members of the team that don't race world cups (if there are any), as Aaron Gwin, Luke Strobel etc. have just raced MSA and Bromont in the last two weeks. In saying this shall be a fun little thread. On that note, I'm selling maps to the stars hotels and training grounds. $5 a pop to found out where Hill and Brendog will be riding and staying!
haha, yes i forgot to mention...
the idea is not to "expose" them, please respect their privacy

JimT

Likes Dirt
According to the UCI site there are no more WC rounds before Champs. I guess those not going to compete at Crankworx will be heading here to train in Canberra.

Seems logical to arrive as early as possible and get to know the track.

[Z]

Likes Dirt
I'm fairly sure that there is one more WC round at schladming, the deciding round for the world cup overall.

Captain Sensible

Likes Dirt
Are you riding a Peccary in your avatar?

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
[Z];1941908 said:
I'm fairly sure that there is one more WC round at schladming, the deciding round for the world cup overall.
I think there are 2 more WC rounds but they are after the Worlds Champs.

Ill have to start riding out to Stromlo a bit more over the next month.

the gardener

Likes Bikes
Mick Hannah is back in Cairns. I was speaking to Vince and Austen at Edge Cycleworks today and they were building Mick's bikes including his damn sweet GT Fury DH bike.

Watch for Mick at the worlds!

This year may be the year....:)

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
I think there are 2 more WC rounds but they are after the Worlds Champs.

Ill have to start riding out to Stromlo a bit more over the next month.
For downhill there's only Schladming after Stromlo. However I believe there is a XC round at Champery, wish they had done a DH round there! Oh well, Champery is on the calender for next year, a bit off topic, but it will be interesting to see if Sam can dominate like he did in '07 (apart from the rain).

peanut

Likes Dirt
If history repeats, we can realisticly expect barel to already be in the country,he always gets to the host country early, and usually does a club round or 2 before the worlds.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
This has prompted me to start a "tracking" thread of pros that you see/hear of. I remember last year quite a number were spotted in the lead up to the WC.

Spot away....
I tried to set-up something similar about Rachael Atherton but unfortunately I'm now prevented by the restraining order.

:(

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If history repeats, we can realisticly expect barel to already be in the country,he always gets to the host country early, and usually does a club round or 2 before the worlds.

Yeah last year he was at the Ourimbah Club Round, him and Fabian Pedamaund (sp?) was sick getting to mee both of them.

Pedamaund was a pretty cool guy to talk with actually.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mick Hannah is back in Cairns. I was speaking to Vince and Austen at Edge Cycleworks today and they were building Mick's bikes including his damn sweet GT Fury DH bike.

Watch for Mick at the worlds!

This year may be the year....:)
Yeah, Mick is the man! would love to see him win a world champs on home soil!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You give me my asking price and I'll get you what you need.;)
Look. As I've told you before, I can get the leather masks easy enough and I'm pretty sure I know a place that'll ship you the assorted 'ornaments' (even to the large sizes you've specified) but I dunno about getting you THAT much Amyl Nitrate without it arousing suspicion...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Look. As I've told you before, I can get the leather masks easy enough and I'm pretty sure I know a place that'll ship you the assorted 'ornaments' (even to the large sizes you've specified) but I dunno about getting you THAT much Amyl Nitrate without it arousing suspicion...
Put it under seven different names and seven different addresses. My man on the ground will cotton on and get it underway.;)