Spreadsheet Help Please (linking drop down boxes)

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Trying to write up a spreadsheet and it's driving me mental.

I need to have a drop down list, the contents of which are affected by the selection made in another drop down list.

Say I had 4 records, and listed them to appear in a drop down box, how could I make a second drop down box that would list the songs on whatever record selected in the first box, so then they could be selected and bring up recording data?

Don't say Itunes, it's just an example!

Can it be done without writing a script or a macro? I'd like to stay away from that because it's been years!

'Ross

Eats Squid
Ill attempt to help you, but only because I had to learn this shit for an assignment, and it was so incredibly difficult to a n00b like me! I can't explain it properly, so hopefully this link works, it has like 11 chapters on various excel functions, this one should be a good start... It gives an example relating it to some useless practice version, but you can steal all the info you need off it;)

Find the part with data validation and list boxes. I HATE EXCEL!!!:p

Attachments

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Cheers 'Roscoe!

I'll have a squizz at it tomorrow when I'm feeling less annoyed at it!

Thanks again.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Its an absolutely shocking program! However once you learn to do something (after much time wasted) you generally remember it for next time:)

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Had another look at it today, and as it turns out, my logic was flawed. Well, not putting enough brackets on the end was.

Excel is pretty user unfriendly, but it's pretty much the only thing anyone ever uses. I'm told Access is better for this sort of thing, but who uses Access?