Sram code rsc

freeriding

Likes Dirt
I have guide rsc on my bike, with bleeding edge, the 2017 model that should not have problems with the piston. However, yesterday, in a hot day, 35 celsius, and riding for much time in direct sunlight, the pads suddenly rubbed the brake disc a lot (i almost couldn't ride uphill), and the lever lost much of its travel. (only the rear brake)
I guess the sticky piston said hello to me:mad: I really don't want to mess with it, changing piston etc, so i am thinking of changing just the rear brake.
Do code rsc have the same problem?

dh1

Likes Dirt
Pull the piston out, carefully take seals off piston, use emery paper to decrease diameter of piston until it falls in and out of the cylinder freely, rebuild, bleed and ride.

I have done the above to 5 different guide rsc’s with no issue afterwards. First one I did at least 1.5 years ago.

If you want more info/description on how to do it I will be happy to provide it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thank you, I'll try that.
I don't have the assembly tool in 7:58
What should I do?
Offcut of water pipe with a screwdriver

Find our existing forum thread regarding rebuilding, you need to know how to clock the contact point adjuster.

freeriding

Likes Dirt
I am in europe, so a bit difficult to send it, thank you.
Also i can buy a reapir kit, but i'll be without bike for a week at least.
Guarantee will leave me without bike for at least one month!

Where is the forum thread regarding rebuilding? i can't find it.

Offcut of water pipe with a screwdriver -> really don't understand how to do this. maybe a photo...

dh1

Likes Dirt
well everyone did one up on me, didn’t know there was a video or an assembly tool haha.

Out of interest link1986, what do you mean by click the contact adjuster? I have never had any issues with my contact adjuster after rebuild but am curious. Are you talking about the bolt sticking out out of the swing link which is pushing the piston?

I use only a screw driver, water pipe would probably make it easier

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thread is this one https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...rs-brakes-lever-slow-to-return.304656/page-15

Find the post from me on May 21st 2017

The RSC contact point adjuster barrel sets the piston depth in the lever, which in turn sets the calliper piston spacing.

Once you pull it all apart, the adjuster needs to be reassembled properly, aka "clocked". Either use the official tool, or follow my advice in the post I've linked above.

Once you have it apart and try to reassemble, the short length of pipes and flat blade screw drivers use will become obvious. Beware, there is a tiny ball bearing and spring behind the adjuster that goes through to the reservoir lid screw. Don't loose this.

freeriding

Likes Dirt
I'll try to do that!

If all fails, i'm thinking of buying the hope v4.
Do they have enough stopping power? I know that they have great modulation. I read that they have a rather mellow decceleration, that gives sore hands in long descents. (because you have to push hard the levers)

The use will be enduro and dh.

How do they compare to guide, code, mt5/7, zee/saint ?