SRAM hubs for FR/AM wheel set build ...

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Researching some details about these[URL] puppies to get out of the mainstream and do some independent product testing. I've looked at the corresponding 135x10mm rear [URL="http://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-x9-front-hub#/path/term-id/47"]QR rear hub and I'm sort of confused with the information presented by SRAM on their site. It shows a pic of what I think looks like a 20mm front and a 135x10mm with QR.

I know it's a bit 2009, but I'm just looking on product maturity, ease of service and reliabilty.

Anyone got first hand experience on these hubs?

Does the flange offset allow the use of symmetric spokes?

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
Researching some details about these[URL] puppies to get out of the mainstream and do some independent product testing. I've looked at the corresponding 135x10mm rear [URL="http://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-x9-front-hub#/path/term-id/47"]QR rear hub and I'm sort of confused with the information presented by SRAM on their site. It shows a pic of what I think looks like a 20mm front and a 135x10mm with QR.

I know it's a bit 2009, but I'm just looking on product maturity, ease of service and reliabilty.

Anyone got first hand experience on these hubs?

Does the flange offset allow the use of symmetric spokes?
No personal experience with durability on these hubs but I will give an opinion on the symmetrical question. The front hub looks like it will have roughly a 4mm discrepancy in spoke length but the rear looks like it will go pretty close to having the same length spokes. These are obviously guesses from just looking at the pictures as there aren't any hub dimensions given.

You could send Sram a query for hub specs and put them through a spoke calculator and that will give you an exact discrepancy.

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
The discrepancy in the flange diameter is because hub designers have put great thought in the load distribution of the spokes. When the wheel is built, it is assumed that the builder has incorporated in the build of the wheel the proper offset to observe the design principle of symmetric load distribution.

The Sun Ringle Abbah-Lawwil rear hub I use on my Cove follows thesame principle. Properly built, properly used and properly maintained, they run for long service lives.