Sram Shimano cocktail

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Has anyone put a Sram X01 (11 speed) rear mech (and shifter for ADD ones) onto a 2017/8 Trance? I'm trying but it looks like I need a different hanger. A Saturday night idea that hasn't work ( for me anyway in Part), and a high tech google hasn't saved my bacon either.

Back story; 2017 Trance came with SLX drivetrain, running 11-47 cassette, not a fan of the chain clanging from the SLX and post ride and beer decided I should put my X01 on, but I don't see enough room or b screw adjustment to make it fit (mech hits cassette). Not all was lost, I do have the X01 shifter playing nice with SLX mech....it's a start.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Has anyone put a Sram X01 (11 speed) rear mech (and shifter for ADD ones) onto a 2017/8 Trance? I'm trying but it looks like I need a different hanger. A Saturday night idea that hasn't work ( for me anyway in Part), and a high tech google hasn't saved my bacon either.

Back story; 2017 Trance came with SLX drivetrain, running 11-47 cassette, not a fan of the chain clanging from the SLX and post ride and beer decided I should put my X01 on, but I don't see enough room or b screw adjustment to make it fit (mech hits cassette). Not all was lost, I do have the X01 shifter playing nice with SLX mech....it's a start.
I'll doubt an X01 Mech will cover a 46t cassette.
The hanger is not the issue, the cage length of the Mech will limit the range.(11 speed Sram is max 42t)
Hangers for Sram and Shimano are the same.

Also, Sram and Shimano shifters are interchangeable as the pull ratios are close enough to get them to play nice.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mark22

Likes Dirt
X1 works on my 11-46 fine but I'm not sure if your X01 is any shorter in the cage.
Make sure your chain length is correct ay.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
X1 works on my 11-46 fine but I'm not sure if your X01 is any shorter in the cage.
Make sure your chain length is correct ay.
A bit of research and closer inspection, and I think a phone call tomorrow should confirm 2 types of hangers.
hanger1.jpg

I did see the same X01 mech on a T275 with 11-46 cassette and he said that was the max it could handle. The hanger on the T275 was sitting vertical (from the axle), where the Trance hanger points at a 45deg angle (similar to the pic on the left).