.Stair Gaps.

naz

Criminally Inane
cook n phillip park stair gap! im on right 03 one25...awesome set..11 stairs flat then land on 13

Ty

Eats Squid
if any of you guys have watched alot of BMX vids (forward, any props video, etc) you'll see the BMXers don't give a damn about landing to flat.

7 foot 360 drops, landing backflips out of a bowl and landing manual on the flat, thats sick, who cares if it's to flat, your on a 35 pound cromo ridge bike with 48 spoke wheels, it's not going to wreck your bike and it does take a shit load of skill. so get over it, people can ride how ever the hell they want, if you don't like shut up.

Rik

logged out
Their bikes are indestructable, that's damn right, so the riders must be strong enough to avoid things like copping a mouthful of handlebar when they endure impacts such as flat landings.
Silly silly boys on little clown bikes :lol: Not that I can say much, considering what I ride ;)

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'v been getting more and more into stair drops and riding down staris they are so much fun. I have found an awsome stair drop at my school it's about 6 stairs high or about 3 foot. Although thats not much it's got a really wierd run up and the stars are only about 1m wide with handrails on either side and theres a garden bed in the way of the run up so you have to go around it and turn back in to not hit the rails. Schools are the best places to ride. There's another set of stairs that are about 11 stairs then about a 2 foot flat and then another 11 stairs. I really wanna jump from the top and land on the bottum set. They are made of smooth tile as well so the landing wouldn't be that bad. Someday i'll try it.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive never done a stair gap either, only because the only one i have ever found is in the middle of a college n i think its a tad big for a first attempt... i will do it when i get my new bike tho

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive never done a stair gap either, only because the only one i have ever found is in the middle of a college n i think its a tad big for a first attempt... i will do it when i get my new bike tho

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they aren't clown bikes, they are monkey bikes!
gotta give em creidt for what they have done/do though.

as for stairgaps, well, im not quite stair gappin simo yet :lol:

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they aren't clown bikes, they are monkey bikes!
gotta give em creidt for what they have done/do though.

as for stairgaps, well, im not quite stair gappin simo yet :lol:

bazza

look at me
that dude looks like he is going to hit the rail... its that in sydney because i think i saw that set of stairs.... and realy wanted a bike sooo bad, saw a couple of guys riding dh rigs around....a crafty 208 and some other bike.. this was ages ago though, like last september holidays.

Rik

logged out
wombat said:
Rik said:
Silly silly boys on little clown bikes :lol: Not that I can say much, considering what I ride ;)
That would be a clown bike with an identity crisis?
Well... hrm, probably, I am a circus freak so it'd make sense :?

naz

Criminally Inane
bazza said:
that dude looks like he is going to hit the rail... its that in sydney because i think i saw that set of stairs.... and realy wanted a bike sooo bad, saw a couple of guys riding dh rigs around....a crafty 208 and some other bike.. this was ages ago though, like last september holidays.
nope just bad angle

mr whippy

Likes Dirt
the future is esculators! nah i'm not shitting you. last time i was in sydney had met some 2 guys on duallys who were doing central station escualtors( near light rail) i did it twice, bloody weird...... :)

real

Likes Bikes
Escalators are old news - they're actually very easy, especially if you ride down the up escalator.

I would like to see someone ride down the railing of an escalator though. That would be cool.

david

Squid
i jumped the fed square stairgap on my bmx (it hurt a bit)
but i pulled it clean

so if you are scared of doing stairgaps on you're ht
dont be!

coz they're a lot smoother than a bmx!!!

Link

Likes Dirt
we have like.... 2 decent stair gaps in canberra

but it takes me 5mins to ride to trails, and 15 to ride to city....i know where i'd rather go, forget street, its all about DH!

norco_nono

Likes Dirt
yeah stairs on a hardtail are fine. but just know that stairs on anything too much can fuck up you bike in the end. good luck. start small and get big.