Stairgappin....

road warrior

Likes Dirt
Simo said:
What I care about is when they act superior in the park or when riding pow because they saw some comp on TV where a snowboarder said boarding was more X-TREME than skiing.
Snowboarders:
90% poseurs (and suck)
10% skilled
obviously you would remember shaun palmer who was like 6 time? world champ snow boarder, who decided that one season he would learn to ski, and clean sweep the x-games(2000?)This was brought on because he had a go at the ski cross the year before and had a crash in the finals. A few 'co called' pro skiers said it was due to his of skill and experience (he fucked up at the start, the specifics are beyond me but it was a mistake anyone could have).
Anyway this lead for him to prove them wrong and came back the next year and killed them in all the events.
Shaun palmer, pro snowboarder...owned them.

I though skiing was a boring pile of shit until seth morrision showed up...that guy makes most snowboarders, mountain bikers and base jumpers look like Barbie doll collectors

road warrior

Likes Dirt
Re: Cmon guys

who is this is said:
II also think that unless we get more of these freestyle mtb events, downhilling will take the same path as downhill skiing. Its competitions like this, that will accelerate and focus the progression of mtb'ing in the right direction. (ie, the standard of riding, and skill level required to be a good rider, will be much higher than it is currently)
I agree and disagree man. I think that DH is heading down a bad path. Too many people who act/ride/look like they should be programming for microsoft and not enough people breaking beer kegs over each others heads and getting badass tatts. Lets face it, as far as the rest of the world is concerned. IMAGE IS EVERYTHING...if people think DH is made up of geeks and old men, no one will want to watch it, or use it in advertising or any movies ect.

OK but saying that freeride comps require skill is another thing. Hucking is like 45 percent balls, 45 percent pressure and 20 percent skill. If that makes sense. These guys are only pulling big moves to impress sponsors. Otherwise we would see people breaking more records more often. There is very little competition, rather than showing off. Pro-free riders are talented, but no where near the amount that a pro racer has. Respectively that is. I think free riding is very marketable, but it's not the direction the sport should go and will ultimately lead to it's demise.

I would prefer to see more DH/freeride progression. IE events in which downhill tracks are designed with freeriders in mind....like races on A-line at whistler. You are combining the elements that both sides of the sport like. I fast forward 'north shore' and red bull ride sections in videos and mainly watch racing, some people are the opposite.

Another factor is that if you want to make it a spectator sport, racing is far easier to understand and grasp as a concept. Adding extra elements to contests is fine, but people need to see some sort of race to see who wins something head to head (like the end of gladiator, they had to do the eliminator to find a winner). Anyway....that make sense? I hope so.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I only just saw this, fat gap. Credit where credit is due!!!

Whats that cracking noise at the half way point?

TIMOH

Banned
Mahoney_007 said:

I was thinking maybe his rollerblades tapping each other in mid air? But in another topic I read people were saying he was landing on the last 3 stairs or something...

MaCa

Likes Bikes
Timmy2004 said:
Mahoney_007 said:

I was thinking maybe his rollerblades tapping each other in mid air? But in another topic I read people were saying he was landing on the last 3 stairs or something...
it sure didnt look like he landed on the last 3 stairs!!!! he cleared it easily!!!!!!!!!!!!! by at least 2 meters i think ... my guess is that he just hit the ground hard and cuz they have/ish wheels on the it jsut the sound of them landing on the pavement or watever!

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^Nuh he is mid flight, I thought maybe it was his blades banging together it just sounded way to loud to me?

thevish

Likes Dirt
Re: tool

CHEWY said:
who is this is said:
I couldn't bite my tounge with this one. Rollerblading is the most talentless, pathetic excuse for a sport this earth has ever witnessed. Rollerblading is like skiing, an embaressment of a sport thats on its way out for a good reason. Its lame. If he was on a skatie or 180'ing a bike off that, then i'd be impressed.
I couldnt bit my tongue on this one... :roll:
Unless you can 180 off a stairgap that big on skates you are a complete and utter FUCKWIT, and have no ground to comment on the skills it requires to do such a thing.
Do you ski?? Unless you have mastered skiing and can do a flip off a 30ft cliff you are a complete and utter FUCKWIT.
I take it you're a skater and a boarder? you're a fuckin discrace to your sports and an ingnorant fuck.
Leave, now, before I hunt you down and shove my 160 Volkl's so far up your ass the bindings rip your teeth out.

Oh, I both ski and board, and guess what, boardings easier. So what does that tell you??
:roll:
HHAHAHAHA was gunna say the Same thing...

that dude is Seth enslow on roller blades man, accept... this guy makes it.
totally sick :shock:

road warrior

Likes Dirt
Re: tool

thevish said:
that dude is Seth enslow on roller blades man, accept... this guy makes it.
totally sick :shock:
yes, because seth has never made a massive jump before. He ALLLLWAY crashes. That gap was big, but not seth big. Seth goes ten times bigger than everyone and doesn't care if he can land it or not, well back in the day he used to. This guy knew what he was doing, and I have seen plenty of gaps of this size. It's huge, no doubt, but it's no seth effort.