stanley mtb park???

mtb_55

Likes Bikes
Heard a rumour that stanley may be having the shuttle road graded and more tracks put in. Is this a rumour or is my head spinning. It wouls be shhweet if this is true....

thanks

gravity

Likes Dirt
Heard a rumour that stanley may be having the shuttle road graded and more tracks put in. Is this a rumour or is my head spinning. It wouls be shhweet if this is true....

thanks
There is some truth to the rumour but nothing is confirmed as yet. Don't get your hopes up but Parks Victoria is seriously looking at developing the Stanley Scenic Reserve (Mt Stanley) as a commercial operation mountain bike park in conjunction with private enterprise. The proposal is to have a number of gravity inspired trails off the mountain suitable for xc and dh riders of a range of abilities. Fingers crossed something actually does happen but like all things involving government departments, it takes time. I'm in the loop so will keep you posted if anything develops. Cheers, Paul

mtb_55

Likes Bikes
There is some truth to the rumour but nothing is confirmed as yet. Don't get your hopes up but Parks Victoria is seriously looking at developing the Stanley Scenic Reserve (Mt Stanley) as a commercial operation mountain bike park in conjunction with private enterprise. The proposal is to have a number of gravity inspired trails off the mountain suitable for xc and dh riders of a range of abilities. Fingers crossed something actually does happen but like all things involving government departments, it takes time. I'm in the loop so will keep you posted if anything develops. Cheers, Paul
ok awsome i cant wait to hear more, if the project does go ahead how long do you think it will be untill the proposed park is finished??

gravity

Likes Dirt
ok awsome i cant wait to hear more, if the project does go ahead how long do you think it will be untill the proposed park is finished??
Sorry, really can't put a timeframe on it yet..it's just a proposal...if it advances there will be a timeline and targets. Personally I can't see anything major happening within a year.

gravity

Likes Dirt
hey mate im liking the sound of this mtb park where is stanley mtb park
There is NO mtb park at Stanley Scenic Reserve. It's just a proposal at this stage. Mt Stanley is 18km from Beechworth in North East Victoria.

Have a look at-

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...6.452632,146.803865&spn=0.03659,0.076904&z=14

There's currently a DH trail at Mt Stanley which is around 5km long and drops around 600 vertical metres. Have a look at a video clip here- http://www.mtbmovies.com/movies.php?id=228

Cheers, Paul