Star fangled nut removal

micksta323

Likes Dirt
remove your nuts

you have to knock it all the way down the steerer tube. it's not really safe to reuse, get a new one after that. what exactly do you want remove it for?

mick

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
I personaly dont like useing headlocks, id onyl ever use one if my headset was that badly screwed!

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
you crazy woman!! headlocks rule!! :)

curse those stupid star nuts.
get back to work ross! pansy......god cracked ribs pft.....just didnt wana ride

Headlocks are craptackular! and you cant even use them with certain crowns, ha start nuts are universal!

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get back to work ross! pansy......god cracked ribs pft.....just didnt wana ride

Headlocks are craptackular! and you cant even use them with certain crowns, ha start nuts are universal!
Which crowns would they be now????

jungle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone please let us know the best way to remove a stubborn star fangled nut(from 01 Boxxers).
don't worry about pushing them all the way out of the steerer
i just drill them out,
you just drill the centre out and they they fall to bits and out

tu plang

knob
i just drill them out,
this is by far the best way to go about it. 9/10 if you try and knock it through you'll reach some internal butting at the crown and your stuck for good.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
i just drill them out,
Roger that, drilling is the best way if you can't jus't bash it the whole way through.

I love the look on a roadie customer's face when i take their full carbon forks and start shoving a drill down the steerer tube, especially when you go "its ok i know what im doi.........oh SHIT!!!!" You can literally see their heart stop, haha.

tu plang

knob
Roger that, drilling is the best way if you can't jus't bash it the whole way through.

I love the look on a roadie customer's face when i take their full carbon forks and start shoving a drill down the steerer tube, especially when you go "its ok i know what im doi.........oh SHIT!!!!" You can literally see their heart stop, haha.
full carbon :confused: ? you wouldn't usually run a star nut in a carbon steerer tube to start with.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
full carbon :confused: ? you wouldn't usually run a star nut in a carbon steerer tube to start with.
No i am not confused, cannondale run their star nut in the SI premium plus forks, which are carbon steerer and dropouts. The look on the customer's face is priceless :rolleyes: