STAR GAZING! go do it right now!

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mars is the closest its been to earth for thousands of years. For me I look out East, it is so bright and red! Its really amazing just to stare at for a while. Hope someone enjoy's :)

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dunno I guess it would still be east? It may be to low for you right now cause its low right now. I don't really know anything about astronomy but damn it is so cool! Makes you think ALOT!

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's no moon at the moment...just do a 360 and look for a bright red dot in the sky and you'll see it...

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
climbing out onto roof as we speak... I get so annoyed thinking about the universe, it has to be so incomprehensibley (spl?) big. Far as i am concerned the chances of another earth like setup capable of supporting life out there somewhere are pretty good and i reckon we aren't alone... do doo doo doooooo! (that was meant to be x-fileish type music)

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heres the Info I just read in the paper:

Mars' closest pass will be August 27 at 7:51pm, when mars will be less than 55.76 million km's away.

Last time it came nearer was about September 12 in 57,617 BC, when Mars came about 40,230km closer, at a distance of 55.72 milion kilometers from Earth.

G

thats some pretty amazing shit.

we live through so much. How many people can say that they have lived through the only time when the date (last year) was a umm whats the word starts with "A".. samething backwards as it is forwards...ie racecar...well it was on the 20/02/02 yeah i thought that was amazing....*gone star gazing*

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw it :) IT is just one big bright star that doesn't flicker :p it is at about 45degrees out ot the east here in ippy :D

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
known for ages (OMG I'M SO COOL), anyone have a telescope i can borrow.... can't wait till the 27th, i'll have to move to my dads at fig tree when there isn't any city lihts like here in toowong

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to agree with you scotty, the fact we exist is miracle(in the non-religious sence) but the universe is so big that I am sure that there is other intelligent life out there... if you want something to realy get you thinking see if you can find some info on antimatter and the concept of an entire antimatter universe.. Science rox :D I just get sick of the mathematics! :p

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all i had to do was open my front door and there it was, hahaha. think we can swap them some mars bars for earth bars?

There has to be some other form(s) of life in the endless universe, if we have evolved there must be other forms of life that have done the same on their own planet(s)

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Isn't it funny that we can see something 55 million k's away but i cant see fuzzy in WA! :)

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
yeah turley it is some funky stuff...blackholes are weird, all this redshift and as you said antimatter and stuff, will grab a book and sit down one day and give it a shot.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
lol thats good though josh... we want to see mars, no one wants to see fuzzy :lol: kiddin kiddin
my bedroom window has the BEST view right now: the city lights, the brisbane river (180 degrees of it) and mars..

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that was a waste of time whoa a orangeie red dot like i have never seen that b4 spsose it's some what cool but yeah.....

G

Fuzzy said:
thats some pretty amazing shit.

we live through so much. How many people can say that they have lived through the only time when the date (last year) was a umm whats the word starts with "A".. samething backwards as it is forwards...ie racecar...well it was on the 20/02/02 yeah i thought that was amazing....*gone star gazing*
its called a pallendrome
and josh you big meany :cry: