Star Wars, the Force Awakens

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The latest trailer just dropped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

What are your thoughts so far? What do you love about Star Wars? What are your predictions for episode 7?
My predictions / wild guesses:
-Luke Skywalker will make an appearance. I reckon it'll be a very small role being introduced to Leia and Han Solo's kid (who I reckon is Rey, the girl who is seemingly protagonist) or it'll be a role with him directing things for the Empire. Yeah, I said it, I reckon he'll turn to the Darkside but maybe not in the first movie.
-The Empire will break apart and form a rebel group of it's own thus making three potential alliances (Empire, Rebel and Empire Rebels!).
-Kylo Ren, the baddy in wielding the light sabre with the hilt won't last too long, he's just the poster boy and isn't a Sith, he's just a fanboy. His light sabre is made from a shit crystal, that's why it looks very scattered.
-Darth Vader will survive somehow. Whether he is reincarnated of sorts via Luke, dunno. I feel as though it'd be an ace card if he and Luke somehow became this almighty thing.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently re watching the older ones, got through 4 movies/episodes on the weekend.

Pretty pumped for it.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Currently re watching the older ones, got through 4 movies/episodes on the weekend.

Pretty pumped for it.

And you're now familiar with the scene where Luke imagined he'd cut Vader's head off and the smashed mask revealed Luke's face inside instead of Anakin's..................

stirk

Burner
Jar Jar Binks.
You monster!

Movie producers learn from their mistakes so that abomination won't make a reappearance. Notice how they scaled him downand changed his personality completely in the last two movies.

Personally I'm looking forward to it, from the trailers it looks like both sides are picking up the pieces after the dominate victory assisted by the ewoks, those little furry guys will feature but they are tough. I looks a little post apocalypse and edgy.

My only fear is they may have too many sub stories running concurrently setting up for future movies which can make a movie seem disjointed.

I only go to the cinema to see sci-fi so looking forward to it.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OMFG am I excited. I'm not sure if I'm sad or not but I shit you not my first really clear memory in life is seeing the first movie in 78 (I was 2 and a bit) and have loved it since. I think the old cast are only going to have bit parts to link the previous movies better but I'm still stoked to see them all again. Like others I hate the annoying characters who I won't mention but we all know. But the stories are great and pretty much timeless I think.

Goldclass that shit for sure!!!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I can see I'll need earplugs if I cant wait for a torrent...

At which do you think action movie makers will realise we're not bloody deaf?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Ha. Nah, I've just got a bit tinnitus which makes movies and concerts without earplugs a tiresome affair.

Standing against the speaker stack at Rage Against the Machine seemed like a good idea at the time...

stirk

Burner
I can see I'll need earplugs if I cant wait for a torrent...

At which do you think action movie makers will realise we're not bloody deaf?
After my years in front of base bins I yell "turn it up!" As I'm bloody deaf.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Episode 1-3, the lord of the rings, and the hobbit killed this for me. But mainly episode 1-3. I've become a solid hater and it is going to take a pretty amazing film to change that. All the trailers I have seen (I had a solid you tube star wars binge a few months back) have been terrible. The forced over emphasis on tying everything together (that Chewie we're home line...puke!) It is as bad as all the c3po-r2d2 blah from ep1-3 that added no real value to the story.

FYI - jar jar is dead. There is a lengthy wiki about it all. He died happy and old from memory.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I-went-and-watched-"return-of-the-jedi"-back-in-the-old-days-when-the-only-cinema's-were
in-the-mall-of-Brisbane-with-my-old-man,-quite-the-event-back-then.....I've-got-to-thank-him-someday..

Was-that-around-the-time-of-"dark-crystal"??

I-also-just-now-learned-that-the-"transformers"-were-called-""diaclone""-before-hasbro-took-them-out
of-japan.........

hazza6542

Eats Squid
From what I've read and seen, they're going back to roots with this one. Shooting on film and lots of puppets and cyborg puppets, shooting miniature models and then touching up digitally instead of full cgi. Full scale x wings and Millennium Falcon. I'm all sorts of excited. Also death star MKIII. Then again it could just be a reeaally big exhaust port now that photon torpedo's are a thing of the past.

This poster might be huge, but it's worth it.

star-wars-force-awakens-official-poster.jpg

It was noticed on the first trailer but the poster confirms, storm troopers aren't all same height, so no more Fett clones.

stirk

Burner
Episode 1-3, the lord of the rings, and the hobbit killed this for me. But mainly episode 1-3. I've become a solid hater and it is going to take a pretty amazing film to change that. All the trailers I have seen (I had a solid you tube star wars binge a few months back) have been terrible. The forced over emphasis on tying everything together (that Chewie we're home line...puke!) It is as bad as all the c3po-r2d2 blah from ep1-3 that added no real value to the story.

FYI - jar jar is dead. There is a lengthy wiki about it all. He died happy and old from memory.
Thankfully jar jar is gone, I feared he may have been reptilian and lived for a few hundred years.

Gotta ask what LOTR has to do with Star Wars?

I-went-and-watched-"return-of-the-jedi"-back-in-the-old-days-when-the-only-cinema's-were
in-the-mall-of-Brisbane-with-my-old-man,-quite-the-event-back-then.....I've-got-to-thank-him-someday..

Was-that-around-the-time-of-"dark-crystal"??

I-also-just-now-learned-that-the-"transformers"-were-called-""diaclone""-before-hasbro-took-them-out
of-japan.........
Return of jedi and dark crystal were close in release date.

Bloody off topic with transformers.

Is your spacebar broken?

let's see who answers shall we...

John U

MTB Precision
Mark Hamill, 2nd top billing makes me think he has quite a large part, given that he hasn't done anything else since Return of the Jedi.