Star Wars

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
D'ya not think that in amongst all the ensuing events in episodes 4 - 6, Chewbacca might have mentioned that he was on first name terms with Yoda and played a critical part in the aiding the remaining Jedi to escape in episode 3?

bazza

look at me
D'ya not think that in amongst all the ensuing events in episodes 4 - 6, Chewbacca might have mentioned that he was on first name terms with Yoda and played a critical part in the aiding the remaining Jedi to escape in episode 3?
hes way too cool/stonned off his brains for that. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. chewbacca = so bombed all of the time.

faceplant666

Likes Dirt
I never thought of that because the first time we see chewy is in ep. 3 hmm makes me think what else i have missed.:confused:

peanut

Likes Dirt
I may be imagining this and hoping someone can clarify it.

I saw return of the jedi at the cinema, opening weekend.
I seem to recall the first scene was of lukes black gloved hands constructing a lightsabre in what i assumed to be obi wans old dwelling, it then cut to 3po & R2 walking towards jabba's palace.

In all videos and dvd's i've never seen this scene again, it starts with the 3po r2 scene.
Does anyone recall this scene, or has my imagination got the better of me.

I personally think empire was the best film. It's a shame that director only did one of them.
I think lucas was a great idea's man but should not have directed any of the films, especially the first three, they would have been so much better.

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Construction of a lightsaber was supposedly the final difficult test of a Jedi knight. There's some special crystal which can supposedly only be aligned correctly if one is truly in tune with the force (blah blah blah, why not just grab a 1 molar solution of midiclorins and dump it on the friggen thing and it'll do it by itself).

Obliviously it's something that in later iterations they decided could stay on the cutting room floor. (Like the grey boxes around the tie fighters which demonstrated that they'd done the initial films the hard way on glass and Mylar transparencies, without the benefit of CGI.)

I'm sorry, but it shits me to see films done using cells re-edited to make them perfect. In my mind, it de-values the work done by the original special effects folks a massive amount. Not all films were made post 2000 and they shouldn't have to look as if they were.

Grrr!

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
I used to really love the original trilogy. I still do but after seeing the three prequels I now spot every bit of horrible dialogue in the originals.

I cannot watch the first two of the prequels anymore. They grate on me too much, mostly due to some unbelievably bad dialogue and the forced plot setups.

Having just watched the first three again I must say that I do love the model effects. They feel so "there" next to the CGI effects of the new films.

Christ I hope they don't destroy Indiana 4 the same way.

Last edited: