FOUND Starling MegaMurmur

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Pricks! How did you end up getting the Pole back? No follow up from that with the Starling?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Fuck that's shitty, it's a pretty distinctive bike so hopefully it's recovered quickly.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Recovered the bike tonight myself from some of our indigenous locals. Police were no use, nevertheless a great result for me.
Why is it relevant that they were indigenous? Would you identify their racial heritage if there were white/African/Indonesian.

I'm genuinely stoked that you got it back, just not sure that you need to announce the colour of the skin of the people who flogged it.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Why is it relevant that they were indigenous? Would you identify their racial heritage if there were white/African/Indonesian.

I'm genuinely stoked that you got it back, just not sure that you need to announce the colour of the skin of the people who flogged it.
Just the facts of the situation. Their crew hit some other houses in the street and were caught. For sure l would.

I know facts can be sensitive to some people these days for whatever they choose.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Just the facts of the situation. Their crew hit some other houses in the street and were caught. For sure l would.
I know facts can be sensitive to some people these days for whatever they choose.
I don't think it's a fact that has any bearing on why your bikes were stolen - unless you think being indigenous was a significant factor?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Nope it doesn't. Was in reference to the recovery only, never said they stole it initially.

Goodnight internet:)
Aha..., nice cop out. I'm sure that you know the meaning of the word "infer".

I understand that dealing with constant shit from problematic communities is fucking annoying, we lived near some areas of differing socio-economic status when I grew up that always created heartache for everyone around. It's fucked, I get it. But I've never seen anyone announce the race of the people who flogged their bikes on this forum before and I don't think that it's a positive or even useful piece of information to share.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

I get where you're coming from, but pretending that there isn't a crime/alcohol/(insert social problem here) amongst indigenous Australians is pointlessly naive. There's zero love lost between caucasian and indigenous Australians in a lot of regional areas, and this unfortunately leads to a lot of vigilantism leading to death.

If @Wake Jake got his good result without aggro that deserves a gold star in my book.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I get where you're coming from, but pretending that there isn't a crime/alcohol/(insert social problem here) amongst indigenous Australians is pointlessly naive. There's zero love lost between caucasian and indigenous Australians in a lot of regional areas, and this unfortunately leads to a lot of vigilantism leading to death.

If @Wake Jake got his good result without aggro that deserves a gold star in my book.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Not announcing the race of the people who taxed your bike is not the same thing as denying that some indigenous communities have social problems. I don't understand how one implies the other.

Some predominantly white areas have social issues, some areas with lots of Lebanese have issues and in the 1980s the Vietnamese areas had issues. All societies and cultures have problem communities. I've never seen anyone on here say "A white guy stole my bike", or "A Sudanese kid flogged my ride". I'd bet it's because that when all races and cultures have thieves and problematic communities the phenotype of the person who did the act is redundant information. Yet being explicit about that information can cause harm in some situations.