Starter Bike

christop

Likes Dirt
Im looking at getting back onto a bike and would like to give trials ago but need a bike.
Have never done trials before so any tips on price and where to find a trials bike that i can muck around on.
Should i look at 2nd hand or brand new?

Thanks

Chris

Lilley

Likes Dirt
Depends on your budget, age and riding style.

Most of the entry level bikes from brands like Monty that retail around $700 are aimed at juniors so if you are older or more aggressive they might not do the job. Great for the right rider though.

If you are spending over $1000 then look at complete bikes from brands like Echo.

Second hand can be a good option for a beginner, they aren't always that common but if you check out the Australian section of www.observedtrials.net you might find some good deals alongside a list of Australian importers and distributors.

Also search in this forum where a few beginners have previously asked some very good questions about starting out in trials.

Feel free to contact myself or any of the other people involved in the sport if you have questions.

christop

Likes Dirt
Im not a real aggressive rider. I would most likely be looking for a begginer bike as i have never done trials before, 2nd hand would probaly be the best option for me.
Was looking around $500 mark so if anyone have something let me know:cool:

Also would like something with a seat.. can you get them with seats?

I have been searching online for stores that sell trials bikes and im not having any luck, If there are any stores that you may know of that sell trials bikes could you please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lilley

Likes Dirt
PM sent.

Yes you can get bikes with seats, stuff like the Inspired range (like Danny MacAskill rides) all have seats and other brands have their equivalents. It could be tricky to get a modern seated bike in your price range but second hand you might be able to grab something if you keep you eyes open.

Picking up something like a Mongoose Transfer second hand would be realistic, not a bad starter with a seat. Maybe also an old Ryan Leech Norco. Not the best trials geometries but good places to start.

Keep an eye out for old Echos and Zoos.