State Series MTNX..Why no Greengrocer ????

barnesy

Likes Dirt
I see the NSW State series for MTNX has been announced...awesome!
My question is how come it looks like we have 2 x rounds at Stromlo ( Rnd 1 & 4 , not to mention the Brindabellas and Nationals ) The Greengrocers track (owned by 'Con' from the Greengrocers bike shop, Goulburn (nice coffee)) has been left out in the cold.
Con was good enough to hold Club & State rounds last year when CORC had no other MTNX track, he built the track out of his own pocket and spent a lot of time getting it together...but now they drop him like a stone?
Surely a State series should be raced on a bunch of different tracks, why then are we racing on Stromlo twice? I rode Con's track (with his permission) last week. You could race on it tommorrow! I say we should be having the last round at the Greengrocers track, not a repeat at Stromlo.
Would like to know everyone else's opinion?

4SHIZZLE

Likes Bikes
Sounds as if he wants to no what the farkiners think of racing 2 rounds of the NSW 4X in the ACT on the same track .
Unless you guys changed this site i belive it does say FORUM .Fuck how dumb .
You know what they say variety is the spice of life.
Any way didnt i ask that same question not so long ago it should be a fixture like the easter show.
GREEN GROCERS top track awsome atmosphere and yes the coffe.WHOOHOO

Last edited:

barnesy

Likes Dirt
what the ????

Motive .. Intention !!! Yeah I'm up for designing, building and completing 50 page risk assessments for zero dollars, in my own time. Unlike others everything I and other members of WSMTB have done for MTNX have been done soley to advance the sport. I got a few dollars once, that's it.
My motive is that a good guy, built a track and seems to have been shit on.
Con payed for the machines, the slab, the gat, While a bunch of us did the building for nothing. We came up with what I think (perhaps bias ) is a pretty good track, considering we ran out of soil ! And we shouldn't be doubling up on a track when there are other tracks available. That's it for 'motive' .
And like 4SHIZZLE said, isn't this a bloody forum. Maybe if enough people read this, we will get some common sense.

4SHIZZLE

Likes Bikes
You started i think 4 races 4 differant tracks and since when has act been nsw .Down here we only have stromlo and goulburn you guys have heaps plus looked at stromlo the other day and if the weather keeps up we wont have a 4x track it will end up in the drains .PS Somthing needs to be done .

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Hi Brett.

AFAIK we're racing Mt Stromlo twice because that is what CORC wanted- obviously it is easier for them to race there being a Canberra based club.

Slave

Likes Dirt
I understand that the location of the last 4x round is not finalised. In put my preference to those in the know on Wednesday - I was pushing for Goulburn. So it seems that more than one person may be thinking the same thoughts. Yep, we can influence decisions such as this. I didn't even have to be sarcastic then add a smiley face to my post to achieve this.

ja_har

Likes Dirt
I agree, NSW / ACT now have enough decent quality 4X tracks that we are in the situation of being able to run a full series and not repeat tracks. Variety is the spice of life, and it's a great track.

I suspect the argurment from CORC will be they want to prep for 09 worlds, and give payback to the ACT government for the 'investment' but isnt that partly why they got the Nats for 3 years, and are running the state round. Having their second at greengrocers 'spreads the love' especially when it was the second biggest event last year behind Homebush.

4SHIZZLE

Likes Bikes
I agree, NSW / ACT now have enough decent quality 4X tracks that we are in the situation of being able to run a full series and not repeat tracks. Variety is the spice of life, and it's a great track.

I suspect the argurment from CORC will be they want to prep for 09 worlds, and give payback to the ACT government for the 'investment' but isnt that partly why they got the Nats for 3 years, and are running the state round. Having their second at greengrocers 'spreads the love' especially when it was the second biggest event last year behind Homebush.
I totaly agree MR Jar HA I found the green grocers to be the high lite personaly and some others i know felt the same .
I asked the question before as i thought the racing was the closest and most spectacular but i am still to hear a bad thing about the track also the atmosphere was awsome and was a blast for all .
I hope they do run 4 diff tracks and maybe mr barnsys thread may help convince .
I vote 1 green grocers.

demo man

Used to be cool.
A Poll? Because you're not the ones making the decision. I'd say those in the power have seen this thread and are aware of the general consensus.

I am the guy who ran all of the MTNX races at Con's. Beacause of my increasing level of committment to other things (like this film I'm making - you'll see a trailer next week /plug), I'm not running races anymore - I may do it again or I may not. It's damn hard work and not many people actually thank you (although I'm pleased to hear people liked those races).

I pushed hard and worked very hard to hold races at Con's, and I think that it's a great layout for a really good event.

It always a matter of finding volunteers who will put in the work. If the CORC person doesn't want to have to spend the exta time to run a race an hour out of Canberra, fair enough. He's not getting paid either. An hour drive doesn't seem that bad, but don't forget that the Race Director has to go out there many more times than just on race day. I probably went out there a dozen times, and we only had 2 races there. That's at least 24 hours in the car, and 48 times I/we had to load/unload the car.

Yeah, it'd be great to have a race there, but I'm not sure it's fair to 'demand' a race there, as you're essentially demanding that someone take on a part-time job for two months to run it, without getting paid. That's how it is for every biggish race.

I agree on principal though, two races in the same series on the same track isn't how it should be. Maybe send a few polite e-mails out.

-Sam