Stealth Santa Cruz DVOmad CC V3

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can’t say I really hit any big features last night, but based on what I did hit I think it will just eat them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Swallow them down. Spit them out. Either way it's a happy time!

I haven't hit anything big yet either. Soon...soon...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is a beast!

I actually miss 26. When I had the Rune as 26 it was considerably more nimble and fun. With 650b it became more capable, but more of a tractor.

I ride to have fun, rarely take it seriously. So I like a playful and responsive bike that keeps me on my toes. 26 fits that just fine. One day when I have to I'll worry about changing things up.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took some better pics and whacked an el cheapo eBay top guide on.
Also did all pivot bearings and axles etc... still seem to have a fair rattle on successive hits and am not sure if it is a cable or if the chain slap is just out of control on this thing.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Those 2.5s are tight on the Diamond. How much clearance have you got around the arch?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those 2.5s are tight on the Diamond. How much clearance have you got around the arch?

Not a great deal. Just put a new one on and had to cut the vent spews off to stop them rubbing. There is a lot more clearance if you run a Marsh Guard instead of the DVO one.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not a great deal. Just put a new one on and had to cut the vent spews off to stop them rubbing. There is a lot more clearance if you run a Marsh Guard instead of the DVO one.

Seeing that is making me feel better about splurging on a 29er Diamond for the Rocket. How are you finding the Diamond/Topaz combo?

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seeing that is making me feel better about splurging on a 29er Diamond for the Rocket. How are you finding the Diamond/Topaz combo?

Cannot complain at all. Rides like a dream.

Have some ano wearing off the Topaz stanchion, but that is covered by warranty.

Had a clicking CSU on my second hand fork and DVO organised a free out of warranty replacement.
Cannot fault DVOs service at all.

teK--

Eats Squid

They look like non-boost Diamonds? I had the same ones and found the tyre clearance pretty tight with 2.5s. I also used a Marsh guard style one since they provide more coverage than the DVO one anyway.

The boost ones have heaps more clearance.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They look like non-boost Diamonds? I had the same ones and found the tyre clearance pretty tight with 2.5s. I also used a Marsh guard style one since they provide more coverage than the DVO one anyway.

The boost ones have heaps more clearance.
Yeah, non-boost. It is tight, but does not seem to be an issue.
2.5 is more than enough tyre for me.

teK--

Eats Squid
Have finally ditched the pack and gone full “Endurbro” with the strap, Fidlock bottle and bumbag.

Severely detracts from the look of the bike, but damn it is so good to ride packless.

Still looks good to me!

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still looks good to me!
It is not horrendous, but I definitely preferred the sleek lines without the bottle and tube etc..
Luckily I can’t see any of it while riding.