QLD Steve Jones Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hate to say it, but the step down in the video was quite a bad case! but still a good effort.

Uni starts soon, so I donno how this track will be finished before then...

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha sorry for not doing the step down enough credit.

kk well do you mind if we fill in the ditch thats inbetween the last two berms? and if your going out to do stuff to the track, my friend and i'd be happy to help if you want

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha sorry for not doing the step down enough credit.

kk well do you mind if we fill in the ditch thats inbetween the last two berms? and if your going out to do stuff to the track, my friend and i'd be happy to help if you want
Ay man, what ditch are you talking about...
the middle track is my brain child, and mr ryda is one of the few guys who supports the vision:p
but yeah, let me know what you dont like and we'll look into it.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the middle track is my brain child, and mr ryda is one of the few guys who supports the vision:p
It's probs nothing just a little 10-20cm thing after the secon last berm soz if it sounds like I'm complaining it's a bloody awesome track and thanks for putting in the effort to do it. It could be for drainage whileits been raining or something but yeah it looks kinda like a Z. Soz it's hard to explain well I wouldn't mention it just we have no clue as to why it's there and it's pretty much right where u land

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, yeah unfortunately mate... that stuff is there to make it tricky. They will mellow out in time, but there has been discussions of wacking some rocks and the likes in there, just to mix it up a bit more. Keep it pinned through that berm up top, and jump out nice and high and you'll smooth it out. As they say, practice makes perfect...

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, yeah unfortunately mate... that stuff is there to make it tricky. They will mellow out in time, but there has been discussions of wacking some rocks and the likes in there, just to mix it up a bit more. Keep it pinned through that berm up top, and jump out nice and high and you'll smooth it out. As they say, practice makes perfect...
Haha ok my bad it never occured to us that that was it
lol nm mind then.

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha ok my bad it never occured to us that that was it
lol nm mind then.
yeah, someone ripped out the stumps and roots we had in there, so that sucks a bit. But all in all is holding up well. Since the berms have been fixed up though you can carry alot more speed in there though.

DRIBS

Likes Dirt
You're brainchild. I started digging that track before both you and Ryda. You credit taking hussey.

LOL.
Be back soon Joshy.
Shoulder is 95%, so........................................
Dribs.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow that step down looks fair good.

I rode the middle track aaages ago and it just felt too small, have you guys fixed it up?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How long is this track so far? Worth heading out there with a full DH bike? Pretty keen to suss it out...

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Full downhill bike is not needed, but pretty handy to hit it all pinned. That being said alot of the local boys hit it nice and quick on the varying arrays of hardtails.

Did some realignment this arvo with clint and james (haha should have been there trenno!). The first big berm on the middle track has finally gotten its much needed love, so it actually fully points where it should go now. Some more drainage has been added where needed, and some of the other berms and ruts have had some minor modifications and smoothing to keep the trail running smoother, but still keeping it pretty tech to hit fast.

The spiked stump has been found and returned to its original position, so thanks for pulling it out whoever did, but it was a pain in the ass finding it again, so just man up and don't rip it out again and hide it. Bottom line is, if you don't know the diggers, don't change their tracks ay....
The jump/berm thing into the tech section has also been returned to its original state, plus some more work onto the berm, so its running nicely now and kicks you out higher and further (which is needed so you don't front wheel scorpion dive the root feature).

I'll hassle trenno to put some pics or vids up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.