QLD Steve Jones Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe a dual slalom track might be the way to go, provides something new, heaps of fun if done right and cant be overbuilt and so is less likely to be destroyed?

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe a dual slalom track might be the way to go, provides something new, heaps of fun if done right and cant be overbuilt and so is less likely to be destroyed?
It would also mean that you could compare your speed to your mates easier so it would be better for days if/when there's a big session

Thats pretty messed up. I have only just found this track and had my first ride out there Sunday. It was so sweet. Is the top roadside track that ran through the tress still there or have the demo'ed that too?

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats pretty messed up. I have only just found this track and had my first ride out there Sunday. It was so sweet. Is the top roadside track that ran through the tress still there or have the demo'ed that too?
Yeah that part of the track is pretty untouched, possibly because there wasn't really any jumps or big berms on it. Just had a few sticks put across the track but I moved all of those off I think when I was there yesterday.

I think the funniest part of this is how the stuff was destroyed as it was "unsafe" to ride. Firstly its your choice to do the bigger jumps and second there were several people there yesterday who started coming down the outside track and almost killed them selves by running into the pile of logs that were left where the main berm was there. Yeah that was pretty damn safe of you rangers :p At least put up a sign.

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of my recon teams went out yesterday, that rain has made a quick rebuild out of the question, as the ground is back to being hard as. Methinks let it cool off for a while (few months or so), then we shall get together a massive build team and try to get as much done as possible as quick as possible.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
sounds like a trip to the council is in order:mad:
Sounds like you guys should have talked to the council long ago.

Please, SOMEONE talk to them now. Post up there official response and lets have a discussion about how to solve the problem rather than simply re-building the same problem.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Please, SOMEONE talk to them now. Post up there official response and lets have a discussion about how to solve the problem rather than simply re-building the same problem.
Well not sure of the official reason that it was destroyed but the real reason was that someone in power decided that it is now illegal to have fun because some one might have get a boo boo :rolleyes: Though I must say that it is now SO much safer, got there on tuesday after it had just happened, logs still on fire but unattended and then yesterday I stopped a couple of riders who were starting to blast down the trail and almost crashed into the first set of logs on the track half way down. When you close a trail shouldn't you close it at the start and not mid-way through when you'll be carrying speed so it might be too late? Geez good job rangers, I love the safety :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me thinks some certain people will be doing back burning in the area soon, thats most probable reason. Give it a while kids.

Last edited:

ac_DHer

Likes Dirt
Well not sure of the official reason that it was destroyed but the real reason was that someone in power decided that it is now illegal to have fun because some one might have get a boo boo :rolleyes: Though I must say that it is now SO much safer, got there on tuesday after it had just happened, logs still on fire but unattended and then yesterday I stopped a couple of riders who were starting to blast down the trail and almost crashed into the first set of logs on the track half way down. When you close a trail shouldn't you close it at the start and not mid-way through when you'll be carrying speed so it might be too late? Geez good job rangers, I love the safety :rolleyes:
I think you'll find that the land isn't apart of the state forrest but rather land owned by an electric company ie; Energex. If it was the rangers; they would have like you said taped off the track a put up signage to indicate the track was closed. Not being rangers does explain the lack of concern for the area when removing the track.

In regards to that, i doubt there would be much discussion if it turns out to be Energex land. Still may be worth a try. Where to start.....

Last edited:

Jiminy Cricket

Likes Bikes
RYDA and I went out the other very wet soggy morning for a look at the damage and I could be wrong but it looks like classic preparation for winter back burning of the forest. In case no one has noticed the grass no longer gets cut there and is State Forest's responsibility now which means lots of fire is their idea. It's gone, but it'll be back. Just give it a bit though, no point digging to see your artwork on fire one arvo...

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Just give it a bit though, no point digging to see your artwork on fire one arvo...
Though there is something to be said about riding a track while it's still smoldering..

Remember inadvertently doing so on the precursor to what I think is now Jurassic (on the other side of Jinker Track). Dropped round a corner and the creek bed was still smoldering and spot fires all over. Felt like I'd ridden through the mouth of hell. Felt pretty damn badass, that's for sure... :cool:

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
wow, didnt know the track was that badly damaged. thats sucks alot that the burned the step down. will be interesting to see if they do back burn the grass, im keen to help out with the repair/build when it happens tho

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow, didnt know the track was that badly damaged. thats sucks alot that the burned the step down. will be interesting to see if they do back burn the grass, im keen to help out with the repair/build when it happens tho
Well if they did burn all the grass that would be something that is good for us :p

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Seriously, this thread is 44 pages long and no one knows who is the legal land owner?

FFS boys you need to get your shit together.

I will shut this thread down and start a new one called "How to Make Steve Jones Legal" if you can't make some real headway.

If no one can tell me who the land belongs to and why they closed the tracks down then talk of rebuilding it like DH-racer is just half cocked to be polite.

Use this as an opportunity.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is rightfully owned by Energex Scratchy, I know the employee that was given permission to build a track on the land in question. Though Bunya State Forest seem to think its apart of their land.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.