stinky front DR hitting chain stay

phreeky

Likes Bikes
my front dr keep hitting my chain stay when it bottoms out
does anyone else have this prob and if so how did you fix it
i was thinking of just moving the front DR higher is this the right move ? :?

bazza

look at me
i didnt think it moved taht much with the travel.....herm. i havent had this problem but make sure that you using the right tension and what not. do you know how to adjust a front dr??? if you dont see a mate or the lbs there should be willing to help out.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
What year model Stinky is it? you might need to move the mech slightly higher than normal. If you're still using the bashguard this shouldnt be a problem, but if you've converted it to triple ring it might cause issues upshifting if you move it up.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Have you taken out the shock and put the frame through it's full length of travel yet? if not, do this to see how much you need to adjust

phreeky

Likes Bikes
saw the guys at my lbs they took off the shock to check the travel and see iff it did in fact hit and it just touches so i would have thought that when the shock was on it should be ok but i am still having the prob
so would lifting up the front DR cause any probs ???

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Do you have the correct type of front mech fitted, as it shouldnt come any where near your chain stays. Is it a top mount or bottom mount? Does anyone know what is supposed to be fitted to this bike.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Should be allright. It might be the slightest bit harder to upshift but that's ok being the front mech. I got my front mech upshifting 15t in one lever stroke and it is a tad harder. As long as your using rapidfire you'll be ok. Those new dual control levers from Shimano don't like this thow. I learnt that the hard way!