[STOLEN] Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Expert 2009 Gold Coast QLD

hihobeach

Cannon Fodder
Hey Rotorburn users. Last week I Ebayed my bike had 2 guys come to view it. The bike was stored for the first time ever in the lockup tool shed inside a secure garage. The only people that knew it was there were the 2 guys viewing it!
At 1.30 am Friday 18th the door to the tool shed was smashed in and the bike stolen.
Given that the shed was full of power tools and nothing else was taken, the thief only had my bike in mind.
Please keep your eyes out for a Black Stumpy. Medium size with a Polar CS100 computer. The only over thing to set it apart are the Pedals which were "Jetblack" It was stolen from Broadbeach on the Gold Coast.
Thanks again.
Tim

Attachments

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
That sucks mate. Hope you find it soon.

Were these the pictures from the ebay listing?

You should print them off and take them to the local pawn shops.

Rasatouche

Likes Bikes
Man that sucks, I imagine youve talked to the police, If so did you ensure you told them about eBay, etc, they might be able to get into contact with eBay, obtain the ip that it was bid on / contacted you from and then be able to investigate from there? Considering they didn't take anything else and that it was securely locked up it's worth a try anyway, I'm pretty sure eBay have to give ip addresses out if someone has broken the law (but don't hold me to it because it might all be considered circumstantial).

Getting in contact with eBay about the same thing would be the other option, it's in their marketing departments best interest to hear you out and do what they can to help. link. They may be able to contact the police & go from there. If the thief was dumb enough to use his home computer you might get lucky.

hihobeach

Cannon Fodder
Man that sucks, I imagine youve talked to the police, If so did you ensure you told them about eBay, etc, they might be able to get into contact with eBay, obtain the ip that it was bid on / contacted you from and then be able to investigate from there? Considering they didn't take anything else and that it was securely locked up it's worth a try anyway, I'm pretty sure eBay have to give ip addresses out if someone has broken the law (but don't hold me to it because it might all be considered circumstantial).

Getting in contact with eBay about the same thing would be the other option, it's in their marketing departments best interest to hear you out and do what they can to help. link. They may be able to contact the police & go from there. If the thief was dumb enough to use his home computer you might get lucky.
Yeah I called the police. I have the mobile numbers of the people from Ebay plus the bidding list.
Thanks for the additional info.