Stolen stuff

moorey

call me Mia
I had my ute stolen recently. It came back but without my Dianese armour and a set of 'new in the box' Saint rotors and lock rings. I am sure that to nimrods have no use for them, particularly the saint rotors. Anyone hearing of anything please let me know. Armour was the newer style thicker webbing Shuttle suit, Large, with a velcro tab I sewed on thr front to hold it down. Half body, plastic chest and elbow protectors. One black stud missing from turtle back. I am in Ballarat, but they would be stupid to sell it here. Any info appreciated.

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its beyond me why people take stuff out of cars......take this for instance, my mate got his car stolen and they found it in the local bush, nothing wrong, but his broken pool cleaner stolen? go figure...

mani(a)c

Likes Bikes
i got a better one my mates Ute was stolen and they found it up the back of the dandenongs, the Ute was fine but they stole his tray full of fire wood.

moorey

call me Mia
THRILLHOUSE said:
Lucky they were top blokes and didn't take your ute for good! Good luck on getting the other stuff back.
They thrashed the motor almost beyond drivability. It would have caught to much attention knocking and backfiring at 50km along the main road, so they cut their losses and dumped it. I wish they had written it off, insurance would be less of a problem. The insurance company is saying that the thrashing could not have done so much damage so quickly.....hello!!!!....I put a replacement motor in 6 weeks earlier, and had been driving it daily without any problems.

hawka22

Squid
advertise your loss at all local bike shops and internet sites. good job on starting at farkin though?! and keep checking the classifieds cause whoever stole it might just be stupid enough to sell the stuff here

moorey

call me Mia
hawka22 said:
advertise your loss at all local bike shops and internet sites. good job on starting at farkin though?! and keep checking the classifieds cause whoever stole it might just be stupid enough to sell the stuff here
I put this on the general discussion first, hoping it would be seen by all, but the guru's moved it here. I know it officially belongs here, but it is a bit of a 'backwater' that MOST farkiners would never check, and therefore never know about.
Cheers for your response.

cornflake

Likes Dirt
bugger about the stolen stuff!

they probably ditched the ute coz they're scared of gettin' caught. :oops:

oh well, i can't do much 4 u. gud luck...

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers anyway cornflake...its me against the world. The police didn't even want to check out the recovered vehicle, they only came in the end coz I needed it for insurance claim. He didn't even get out of the car to look at it. If it had been a porsche...different story...