Stopping on tracks.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
Today I was riding at Mt Keira and came around a blind corner and hit a person who had stopped in the middle of the track. I tried to avoid it as much as I could but going at the speed I was, I didn't have much time to react. I slammed on the front brakes, hit him, and went over the bars, rolling down a hill. I got up and the kid was lying on the ground not moving. He was just moaning and breathing heavily. He started complaining about his arm, hip and ribs. We then called the ambulance and they came and took him to hospital.

I just would like to remind people that if you stop on a track please move off to the side. I do not want to go through again what happened today. Luckily I was wearing all my protective gear and got away with minor injuries but it could have been a lot worse for both of us. I will find out soon how the boy is going. I hope he isn't seriously hurt.

Cheers

I-shred

Likes Dirt
wow! that is pretty extreme.
Today while i was at redsands my friend broke his ankle. While we were trying to get him back down the mountain there were some very understanding xc riders. They stopped and asked us is we needed any help and were very concerned. I would like to thank them for all they're help.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
Today while i was at redsands my friend broke his ankle. While we were trying to get him back down the mountain there were some very understanding xc riders. They stopped and asked us is we needed any help and were very concerned. I would like to thank them for all they're help.
Gee thats not good. How'd he manage that? How is he?
Yeah its great that there are people out there that are willing to help.

I-shred

Likes Dirt
Gee thats not good. How'd he manage that? How is he?
Yeah its great that there are people out there that are willing to help.
Yer, he may be out for a long time. He was doing the rock drop at redsands, and somehow his foot got caught in the frame, the bikes gone one way and he's gone the other. He is not felling good to say the least.

bikeguy70

Banned
ageed. i always dead the though of ramming into another. thats why i do a quick scan of the track before i start pinning:D

NSman

Banned

shit man when he do that and how that sucks so hard

I-shred

Likes Dirt
I think he stacked at about 1:30 but we didnt get him donw the bottom until 2:40. I think i saw you 2day. I was wearing a royal jersey and riding a kona shred.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Yeah, this isn't the first time I've seen people hang around stupid places at Keira.... I've seen a mob of kids hang around UNDER THE BIG DROP.. Yes, they were riders so they know the dangers.......

Feel sorry for the kid, but hopefully this will teach him a lesson

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
I know what you mean but it is just not stopping on the track it is being aware that there are other people using the track as well.

I was at Ourimbah today, (the site was getting set up for the Wannaride tomorrow) so there were XC riders getting in some laps. So I was coming off the final rock that leads into the start of the rock garden and there were 2 XC riders riding on the fireroad, first one crosses the DH track ive called out to the second one just then looks up so Im all on the brakes front and rear lucky to stop a meter from him then he looks at me like it is my fault....

If your riding a spot you haven't ridden before and you see a track crossing your path you look before you cross it

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
yeah, at the illinbah open day someone stopped in the middle of the track up the top around a blind corner, even no he went at the front of the pack he was stopped in the middle of the track sitting on his bike like there was no worries in the world. so i came around and smacked into him :D

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
yeah, at the illinbah open day someone stopped in the middle of the track up the top around a blind corner, even no he went at the front of the pack he was stopped in the middle of the track sitting on his bike like there was no worries in the world. so i came around and smacked into him :D
Yeah. They are not just endangering themselves but also the riders that hit them.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
I know what you mean but it is just not stopping on the track it is being aware that there are other people using the track as well.

I was at Ourimbah today, (the site was getting set up for the Wannaride tomorrow) so there were XC riders getting in some laps. So I was coming off the final rock that leads into the start of the rock garden and there were 2 XC riders riding on the fireroad, first one crosses the DH track ive called out to the second one just then looks up so Im all on the brakes front and rear lucky to stop a meter from him then he looks at me like it is my fault....

If your riding a spot you haven't ridden before and you see a track crossing your path you look before you cross it
Yeah well even if its a spot that you ride regularly you should still be aware.