Strange tips for strange times...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
ABC had one of their finance guys on a late show last night who said he's not at all surprised by the queues, the entire centrelink process is designed to discourage you from getting money off the government. now they need to get money into peoples hands of course its failing
I have a sales colleague that got a lot of opportunity out of their call centres needing more capacity. They are traditionally under dimensioned for the expected call volumes, let alone for any new long term emergency peaks. They only throw $$$ at it once it get too much bad press unfortunately.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I'm re-reading "the stand" at the moment, perfect mood setter

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Love the stand , reckon I`ve read it 5 times . I`m re reading Ike Hammils Extinct series . Not bad , but geez its hard to read another author other than King . Next will be re reading what I think is his best work The Dark Tower series .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I’m about to have a look at this as my casual employer shut down yesterday, any suggestions, anyone been through the process.

I have: letter confirming I’ve been stood down, 3 payslips, passport, Medicare card, drivers license. Anything else that could make the process less painful? Tequila maybe?
I'm in the same boat @sane . Very little info online. Attempted to register online (as instructed by their website). Was unable to register online as I needed to already be registered...ummm? Line at the local office here is massive and fucked if I want to stand in that shit. Calling is a fucking nightmare I'd imagine.

A friend (much younger than I) set it all up online quickly and easily, but he has recent experience with them, so already had the various registration details

safreek

I'm in the same boat @sane . Very little info online. Attempted to register online (as instructed by their website). Was unable to register online as I needed to already be registered...ummm? Line at the local office here is massive and fucked if I want to stand in that shit. Calling is a fucking nightmare I'd imagine.

A friend (much younger than I) set it all up online quickly and easily, but he has recent experience with them, so already had the various registration details
Hope you have never bagged the unemployed, apparently they are all lazy junkie layabouts

Flow-Rider

Burner

Take your sleeping bag and camp out on their stairs so that you're first in line.

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
Both my wife and I are likely to be late workplaces to close but I'm sure well be stuck at home at some point, hopefully proactively and not due to the government making an oopsie. I have some things to do though.

I picked up some paint last week thinking I might be locked home. Got enough to possibly do the whole house.

Brew some beer, maybe a bit of drinking it too

Picked up an xbox, mainly as our other netflix playing machine is on the way out but games may pass some time as well

Do some training with the dogs

Exercise with skipping ropes, slam ball, kettle bell etc (thanks to random aldi buys)

Read books

Work on the bike (suspension, true wheels etc)

Make babies

Catch up on sleep?

I'll probably get bored and feel confined but I'll be more relaxed about the future of this if stricter steps are being taken.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
killed last sunday with this great netflix doco series on some very wacked out big cat owners in the US...
Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness
...for those that dont have netflix its on rarbg, tpb etc

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seems foxtel has opened up all the packages apart from movies for the lockdown period. I gave up trying to subject myself to telstras call centres in order to see the last season of GOT, now I'll get to see just how bad it is

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
seems foxtel has opened up all the packages apart from movies for the lockdown period. I gave up trying to subject myself to telstras call centres in order to see the last season of GOT, now I'll get to see just how bad it is
Oh it's bad...really bad. Even by comparison to the rest of the series