Strap On (Bike Rack)

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
I'm planning a road trip with the wife's car and want to mount a temporary rack.
I'm not keen to go to the expense of mounting roof racks or a towbar and bike racks for a one off trip. I'd also like something that will go from car to car.
I figure a strap on rack like a Saris Bones is the solution. I've checked the fitting guide but her 2000 Ford Laser LXi hatch doesn't exist in their database.
Does anyone know if this rack will fit? I'm betting it would, but some reality based opinions would be very welcome.

redbruce

Eats Squid
I'm planning a road trip with the wife's car and want to mount a temporary rack.
I'm not keen to go to the expense of mounting roof racks or a towbar and bike racks for a one off trip. I'd also like something that will go from car to car.
I figure a strap on rack like a Saris Bones is the solution. I've checked the fitting guide but her 2000 Ford Laser LXi hatch doesn't exist in their database.
Does anyone know if this rack will fit? I'm betting it would, but some reality based opinions would be very welcome.
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?276387-Bike-Rack-(no-towbar)&highlight=bike+rack