Street Bars?

Peter650

Likes Dirt
My DMR bars bent on the first crash.Driving me mad trying to ride skinny with bent bars.What bars are you guys running these days?Cheers Peter.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't ride MTB street but get some black market bada booms I think they are called??? I have heard they are good:)

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
If your not weight conscious, I'd suggest Gusset Open Prison Bars, BLK MRKT bars aren't to bad either.. but have a look around theres endless possibilities.

DirtParkStreet

Likes Dirt
i'm running open prisons and honestly feel way better then my previous couple (dmr's, ns district's high rise).
really good, perfect width, great geo.

but yeah if your a weight weenie forget it haha.

Svenn

Likes Dirt
prisons are ace just look hideous, im running ns districts 3" and they feel reaallly nice, open prisons are the only gussets to run

Peter650

Likes Dirt
prisons are ace just look hideous, im running ns districts 3" and they feel reaallly nice, open prisons are the only gussets to run
Going to give the 2" opens a run.Dont care what they look like my bike and i both look like we have seen better days.

Krash

Likes Bikes
im runing 740mm badabooms and best bar i have ever rode used (ea70s, protapers, gusset, ns, raceface, reverse, dmr)
have got a set of mutant lows sitting in my garage that iv been meaning to try aswell

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok if you are riding a true street bike and have rigids or 80mm travel forks look at a 3" rise bar. If you have 80mm or over i would look around the 2-2.5" rise bar. Just if you put a big rise bar on a bike that is high already it'll feel really weird.

Also keep in mind that if its for a street bike having a 740mm bar is going to make it hard to spin, bar spin etc. Look around the 700mm to 680mm length bars. I find them just in the middle of being to long and too short.

3.5" bars are just rediculas and don't waste your money.

3" bars:
NS nuke proof
NPJ wonderbra's
Black Market bada boom

2.5"
NS district
Black market bada boom
Funn do some bars

Tony

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the advice.I think i will give the Gussets a go.Thanks again
hey mate,

i would steer clear of open prisons if i were you.

i have run them before, they were a little to flexy for my liking, and they were a little skinny.

they are fairly light, but id go for a different bar, wonderbras feel a bit better, have ridden a mate of mines, they have way less flex, and have some nice angles.

Districts are about the same...

:)