street bmx for 7/8 year old

spikenet

Likes Dirt
hey guys, looking at getting my son into more street/park ridin and thinking about if he needs different size bike. He currently rides a 20" expert size bmx at bmx track and a 24" mtb in the bush.. I just feel they are to big/heavy for him to really control them in a bowl or on ramps so wondering about moving him back onto a 18" size bike, somthing like madmain 18" etc. Anyone been down similar path?

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
If you buy a Mafia, use "olaten" to get 10% off. Not sure how long it's good for tho. Probly only a few more days. People love to hate on Mafia, but one of their riders has put the MadMain thru some crazy stuff and it's still going strong. The dude is not adept about covering up how many frames he gets either. Seen him pull mad tricks on his girlfriend's 18 MadMain too. OlaBMX on YouTube. Vlogs are boring but the riding is good.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
If you buy a Mafia, use "olaten" to get 10% off. Not sure how long it's good for tho. Probly only a few more days. People love to hate on Mafia, but one of their riders has put the MadMain thru some crazy stuff and it's still going strong. The dude is not adept about covering up how many frames he gets either. Seen him pull mad tricks on his girlfriend's 18 MadMain too. OlaBMX on YouTube. Vlogs are boring but the riding is good.
thanks for the code.. I still havnt done anything, the little guy is happy to ride his 20" and really, he has a bit of growing to do before he starts trying anything in ernest..

twitchie

Likes Bikes
I bought my oldest son (8) a radio dice 16” he loves it its perfect for him depending on your sons size maybe an 18” or even a 19.5”
As you said just for the fact he may find it easy to ride and manover than a 20”
Im only 5’4 and rode a 20” where as my taller mate oppted for the 21” i found them to be just that bit too big for my style of riding.
On a 20” i was able to hop on to a car roof but the 21” maybe only half that.
Best best is to take him to a few parks and ask some kids to let him have a try if there is any