Street Forks

Hey every1 out there im looking for a good set of forks for street/dirt jump riding (no pikes) looking at argyls???

Any suggestions??

No price barrier aswell!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member FN2187

I think you have 3 options. Argyles, Dj's and Black lables. unless you Get RST Space's :D

Drew.

Eats Squid
Yaaay! Someone got it right...

Go 14mm DMR trailblades or else be a pussy...

...like me....
Nah mate, trailblades are shit.

Identiti Rebates. The only rigid to go. And rigids are nearly orgasmic for street/park riding, I was sketchy about it at 1st but it's sooooooo good.

norco01

Likes Dirt
I agree with christo, trailblades are sweet forks for dj's/parks, I dont actually own them but have ridden them,very smooth

singlespeed4life

Likes Bikes
Didn't think of trailblades. Go with them as long as you aint doing nothing crazy like 3'ing ten stairs and doing massive drops and gaps to flat. Cheap, simple what more can you want?

Sunday!

Likes Dirt
rebates are good, they have a really nice design for the axle..
but if i wasn't worried about price then i'd be going 24 sankukai as they are really nice forks aswell.. im not such a fan of trailblades tho...

As for suspension... go argyle 409's if you want something light, if not go 318's as the 302's have very very little adjustment.. and for both of them you will need to order them from the net os...

Drew.

Eats Squid
rebates are good, they have a really nice design for the axle..
but if i wasn't worried about price then i'd be going 24 sankukai as they are really nice forks aswell.. im not such a fan of trailblades tho...

As for suspension... go argyle 409's if you want something light, if not go 318's as the 302's have very very little adjustment.. and for both of them you will need to order them from the net os...
Rebates are just a good design. They're the only forks i've had so strongly reccomended to me by so many people in the past. I've never seen anyone bend a pair, they look clean as a virgin and they're light...plus cool axle. And for $230 for the 1420s from Chain Reaction if you want them asap, otherwise goto your LBS but you will need to have them ordered in which could take a while. Depends how desperate you are. I wouldn't spend my money on any other rigid.

As for suspension, I'd say Argyle 409s; If you don't have the money to buy them oversea's (they don't import them into Australia), i'd say don't waste your money on 318's, let's be honest, how many people actually use all of those fancy aqdjustments on a street bike? The Argyle 302s have any adjustment you should need, and they feel wicked anyway. The weight difference between the 409s' and the 302s' is ~200 grams, So it all depends how worried you are about it. The 2006/2007 Marzocchi DJ1 and 2s are roughly the same weight as the Argyle 302s (2.5kg), but the Marzocchi DJ 3s weigh in at about 2.9kg! I quite like the DJ series, i've come to like the feel of them, fairly hard and stiff for street is really good once you get used to it. They're quite heavy, but bloody strong, and simple, so less stuff to break; AND they're easy as piss to lower to any travel you want. Personally i'd stay away from Manitou Gold Labels, their crowns have known problems, and they feel like trash.

lachy

Likes Dirt
well ive been really really happy with my fox 36 talas as a street fork on my nicolai. I always run it at the low travel (4 inches) and with a fair amount of psi in it its a bloody nice feeling stiff street fork. Its beefy and not heavy so i recon its the best of both worlds.

Idealy id love to get some 36 floats or 32 floats and mod them down to about 80mm for street but for now the 36 talas are awsome. Dam fox for not makng a 32mm fork with a 20mm axle!

Jordan!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
definatley argyles or the marzochhi dirt jumper 1-3 NOT 4 but i dont really go much on manipoops:rolleyes: