Stromlo 4X track Open from Today

Musgrove

Likes Dirt
The boys from world trail have finished all the work on the track getting it ready for the World Champs in September. So its all good to go.
The changes have been as follows.
The first straight had the slight kink to the right removed and the last two jumps changed with a rock “suck pit” installed in the last jump.
The first corner has been blown out to be a big burm with the entry and exits extended and a middle smaller burm added.
The second straight is all new with a step down to a Mogul field and a big mogul field.
Second corner was moved further back. It is a big fast burm with a massive Mogul on the inside.
Third straight is longer as the corner before and at the end of it have been moved. The big jump in the straight if bigger leading to a new step up over a log.
The forth corner is now a flat long radius corner with radial log/rock steps. Forth straight is as it was.
Fifth Corner has a new inside rock feature with rock steps on the exit. The middle and out side lines are as they were.
Sixth straight has a new log jump installed.
The Bear trap is as it was
The last corner has been changed to an open burm mane the last jump in the bear trap has been made longer and the landing improved so most riders should not over jump this now
The rest of the track to the finish is basically as it was.

Jeff

Attachments

WildWassa

Banned

For the moderators ... this is a legal track. There is no need to second guess here.

Warren.

Last edited:

Ezreal2001

Likes Bikes
Just wandering, whats the point of the brown liquid they've coated the Bungle Bungles with?

And to the point, _Rank_ outsider talking here, rode over it yesterday and it's heaps more difficult it parts than it was a couple of months ago and certainly very different to the local BMX track(not that, thats a bad thing) , so is this a better 4X track?

Last edited:

Musgrove

Likes Dirt
The brown liquid is a pine sap based soil treatment. It helps to bind the soil together making it more durable. The same product was used to strop erosion on the start hill last year before the world cup.
Its harder, yep its been built for the world champs so it needs to be harder, and yes I think it is now a 4X track not a “Big BMX” track.
The design took a lot of thought and came about after lots of consultation and looking at other tracks. The first corner is very SOPA it has a few ideas from Ebenezer and several other tracks in Australia and OS. This added to Glens creative flair has made what should be a pretty cool track.

Last edited:

GTkonaHORSE

Likes Bikes
The brown liquid is a pine sap based soil treatment. It helps to bind the soil together making it more durable. The same product was used to strop erosion on the start hill last year before the world cup.
Its harder, yep its been built for the world champs so it needs to be harder, and yes I think it is now a 4X track not a “Big BMX” track.
The design took a lot of thought and came about after lots of consultation and looking at other tracks. The first corner is very SOPA it has a few ideas from Ebenezer and several other tracks in Australia and OS. This added to Glens creative flair has made what should be a pretty cool track.
HAha i like it did barnsey help design/build it as his crew have done the majority of the national 4x tracks......
I give it props it looks a lot better.

syko

Likes Dirt
What are the piles of dirt? I know nothing about 4x so someone please fill me in ahahha.
They my friend are called moguls (google it) to make it hard for the rider's because alot of riders/racers complained that it is to much like a BMX track and wanted a 'real' MTB event where anyone could win. Help?

saundo

Likes Dirt
the track is looking good, it is so much better, every thing looks so easy in the photos, ha. It is much harder then before, the step down in the 2nd straight starts almost as soon as the berm ends, making it real hard to get good speed, and the moguls have heaps of different lines in and out. Then there is the double in the 3rd straight which is huge, like a good 6 or more metre gap. then you have the flat corner which is so hard to keep speed up through, which you need for the "log" jump, which if you want to jump the whole thing is big, and you will die if you dont make it. But even jumping on then off the logs is hard because there is only about one bike length in the middle. So the track has definatly changed alot and is no longer a bmx track, no top soil has been added, so there are rocks sticking out every where and the rock armouring on lines is hard. should make for some good racing and passing and slow the bmx boys down a bit:D

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
i went and had a look at the updated 4x track today.

i am very impressed and looking forward to seeing it ridden :)

i expect to see dented rims, smashed bash guards and plenty of stacks :)