Stromlo Closed Too

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I spoke with Darren last night. I understand that at least some of the issues on the mountain bike tracks came from the infrastructure on the roads failing. The roads channeled the water and where that failed it gouged the side of the mountain. We will see how it all pans out.

He said that the Makin Trax team are out there about 13 hours a day at the moment. Lots of people have been asking if they can help but he says that the vast majority of the work that needs doing is machine based.

Hold tight they hope to get a loop up and rideable asap.

Slowpoke

Likes Dirt
Bruce Ridge is quite dry on the higher areas. Avoid the sections that run around from the bike path near the AIS underpass (quite boggy) and parallel to the GDE (there is a small river running down there).

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have flights booked to come down for a week of riding (hopefully) around Christmas so I'm holding my breath that the rain will be gone and everything drys out in time.

Have my fingers crossed that Stromlo will get re opened in time. I'm guessing Majura will be very wet??

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I previously said in your other thread that I thought Stromlo must be operational again by the time your trip comes around.
Now I think I was talking out of my arse and you should take no notice of what I said :p

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
By the time Christmas rolls around, the loggers are scheduled to have moved into Majura. What will be there and what you'll have access to are anyone's guess.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, you guys are not giving too much confidence. Perhaps I will have to road trip from there to find somewhere dry (and awesome;))

Any ideas for a Plan B??

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Forget it

Anyone riding in any of the ACT MTB parks should be caught and shot on sight. :eek: It's a bog fest out there, riding on it will only make things worse. It is the most rain that has fallen out of the heavens for more than 10 years. I cannot imagine Stromlo open for business before mid January! :(

Neon

Likes Dirt
i was running out at stromlo today and i cant see any riding happening there for a good while.
the tracks i saw had some serious damage. im talking 40cm deep ruts on all the corners.
it will need a lot of work before it can reclaim its former glory

Despite all the rain the tracks at Tathra are in mint condition. Different soil and better drainage. We rode the 50k course for the (Tathra Enduro 27 March next year)(entries on www.mountainbiking.com.au/tathraenduro) on Saturday and got no mud on the bikes at all. We did get our feet wet in a couple of the creek crossings - but the water is clear anyway.

Maybe time for weekend away???

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Despite all the rain the tracks at Tathra are in mint condition. Different soil and better drainage. We rode the 50k course for the (Tathra Enduro 27 March next year)(entries on www.mountainbiking.com.au/tathraenduro) on Saturday and got no mud on the bikes at all. We did get our feet wet in a couple of the creek crossings - but the water is clear anyway.

Maybe time for weekend away???
How far from Canberra? What type of riding/trails?