Stromlo working bee

RedPill

Likes Dirt
Downhill working bee for upcoming Stromlo event
Posted: 7 April 05
The advertised State round to be held at Stromlo is fast approaching, and as we all know the track has been mostly destroyed by the tree planting efforts.

A working Bee is to be held on the the weekend after the Thredbo race (ie April 16th and 17th). People are welcome (read strongly urged) to turn up between the hours of 10 and 4 on both days to lend a hand.

Naming rights and Design prerogatives will be available to those who turn up to help.

A BBQ will also be running to feed the starving masses

Any questions? Call John on 0407 900273 or 62900273

Sorry guys... i won't be there.
Back in Melbourne living in a Codeine induced bubble.
I hate tonsils... they're managing to give me a truckload of grief even now that they've made acquaintences with the hospital's incinerator.

aussie

Division One
Bill are you refering to Tools rakes and what not or people that just stand about with to meany ideas not doing any work. Oh and iam not one of them as all my ideas are exclent and should be used ha ha no but serouisly they are!
I spoke to John the other day as he said we would most likely just clear up the old track and only build if need be which seams to be a good idea as the track did get good fead back from both inter state riders along with slow people like Cam what does every one think?

Moshy

demo man

Used to be cool.
i think i don't know. i never saw the top half of the track, i satayed down the bottom with my fractured arm at that race! boo hoo.

i'll come with a mad metal rake and a spade, and as many people as i can find (that are uselful in some way)

cheers all,
see you there,
Sam

sugar

Cannon Fodder
lets all get out there and help make the sickest track so canberra gets big props in all the mags..

aussie

Division One
demo man said:
i'll come with a mad metal rake and a spade, and as many people as i can find (that are uselful in some way)

cheers all,
see you there,
Sam
I would bring out a rake that is in a good mood i think you would find it alot easyer to get people out there if all the TOOLS were happy.

P Pitty Pit Stop

aussie

Division One
Yea thats a great idea and perhaps that guy that does the artical for revolution will do a wright up on the race.

sugar

Cannon Fodder
oh for sure aussie. if the track and the race is a success i will be writing a massive article on it,with lots of photos and stuff. hope to see you all there at the working bee on the weekend. later..

RedPill

Likes Dirt
The old track was bloody awsome, best in Canberra, i think if we have a choice we rebuild that but apparently the rock drop in the middle has been smashed..... get as many people as you can get out there but bring racks, spades, picks ect... otherwise you wont be much help.

cyas out there.

dhd

Downhill Direct
Geeez Moshy.....If I didn't know better I'd say you are trying to wind Cam up!

But hey, I can't talk..... he beat me last time by a second or two!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
RedPill said:
The old track was bloody awsome, best in Canberra, i think if we have a choice we rebuild that but apparently the rock drop in the middle has been smashed..... get as many people as you can get out there but bring racks, spades, picks ect... otherwise you wont be much help.

cyas out there.
for stringing up people who won't work?

demo man

Used to be cool.
matt got his info by seeing them with his own eyes at the working bee today!

we've almosrt finished the track, we did so much today, it was great.

So everyone, tomorrow (SUNDAY) we need ppl to turn up with spades and rakes and stuff to help finsh the track, and to then buff it up and do some finishing touches.

i believe track naming will be done tomorrow too, not sure about that one though.

so, GET OUT THERE!!! go up to the top of stromlo using the (paved) road, and walk down the track from the top. be there from 10:30am throungh till about 4-5pm. i will be!

Cheers,
Sam

aussie

Division One
Tracks done pritty good just some bits need some mods to give it more flow other wise its pritty good.