Stromlo

Sam02

Likes Dirt
HOLY SHIT.
what camera are you using? Those colours are absolutely amazing, keep up the awesome work, Love the photo of Hill.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys. All done using a 300d. The shaper ones (all the 4x and the one of timmy and disco stu discussing some dudes broken leg) were taken with a 50mm prime lens, the rest with the bog stock 18-55 both had a polarizing filter on and all had flash used. A little post processing to bring out the shadows and up the contrast a bit more but mostly untouched other than that.

mccrapy

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys. All done using a 300d. The shaper ones (all the 4x and the one of timmy and disco stu discussing some dudes broken leg) were taken with a 50mm prime lens, the rest with the bog stock 18-55 both had a polarizing filter on and all had flash used. A little post processing to bring out the shadows and up the contrast a bit more but mostly untouched other than that.

Awesome shots.

The filter was definitely the key out there, it was so bright. I just bought my camera and dont have any uv of polarizing filters to fit it yet. My shots were all blown out had to do a fair bit of post processing to get any depth back in em.

Robb

Likes Dirt
Hey dude, very sweet shots! Love the colour. I agree with using a filter, I didn't have one on Saturday and my shots were just way to bright, so bought a UV and polorising filter on sunday morning.

I take it you are using an external flash for that, to remove the shadows on the riders?

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome pics!

Maybe you should miss more races and take up photography instead.. Just kidding.... They are great pics.

Kona rider 660, check where that handlebar is going.. Ouch!
And Sam, you should get locked up for those pants! haha.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, the external flash is one of the best purchases i made. When im taking bike photos, its always on the camera.

Robb

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I was considering buying a 28 - 135mm IS lens, but I think I will get the flash first after seeing your photos!
Were they shot in RAW or jpeg?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All shot RAW, so much easier to make small changes to the exposures than with jpeg. What lens/body have you got at the moment. The stocko canon lens is terrible and something new is really the first upgrade i would recommend. If you're on Nikon, im not sure what their kit lenses are like.

Robb

Likes Dirt
All my shooting was done in jpeg, I only have 1 gig of memory so RAW just takes up too much space, will get a few more cards soon though.

I am just using the 18-55mm canon lens, on a 400d body. I also have a 50mm f1.8 lens, but i wasn't using it on the weekend.