stromlo_2007 scott 24hour

jbrandy

Likes Bikes
I dont know what the mean when they say there will be to 15km loops.
Because the first 15km is just about all up hill so of course everyone will want to do the 2nd loop because it is all downhill and has all the best parts.so i wonder were the transition will be:confused:

peanut

Likes Dirt
Theres a whole lotta singletrack to go in between where the trunk trail currently resides.
The singletrack will be based mainly to and from the trail junctions.The trunk trail will connect those junctions.
So you have to think a bit more laterally of where it may go.
My guess is that since there's a very large area to use within the park,it will depend on how much singletrack gets put in, which will determine how big the scott gets in 07.

jbrandy

Likes Bikes
ok but with second transition it would have to be close to where everyone is camped because i don't think many people will want to walk heaps to get to the second transition. And whatever course they pick it better have that sweet downhill section with the farkin awesome berms and rock gardens.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Stromlo Multiple Loop Course for 24Hr

The design is two 15-17 Km laps which join each other at a "pinch" in the middle where the transitions are. Think of it as shaped like an hourglass (the bulb ends of the hourglass are distorted to fit around the hill - but in concept its an hourglass).

So, you do the first lap (red), which brings you back to the pinch of the hourglass, the course then automatically changes to the second (green) lap at that transition point for the other half of the hourglass. At the end of the green lap you're back at the transition area where the course changes to the red lap. On and on like this for 24 hours.

There is no need to travel further to either transition point. They are both within 100m of each other. So we have two transitions, two timing points and two lap time displays running from a system which automatically checks that you (or your team) does laps in the order red/green/red/green etc. You will not be able to do two laps of the same colour in a row unless you leave the course (ie cheat, and the timing system is designed to catch that).

We'll probably start some categories on the red lap and the rest on the green. That way, congestion is minimised in the early laps.

Advantages? You only have to ride 15Km in one hit if thats all you can manage. Your batteries only have to last 15Km at night. But all the riders are spread out over 30Km so the congestion is minimised, and that 30Km means we can fit in all the great new tracks out there.

Last edited: