Suggest a Bike Hanging device for space saving storage/security

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
I need to secure my 2 rides for about a week or two for a hunting/fishing trip.

The storage space is a bit contested by my mate's vehicle so the only way to secure the bikes is to store it with hooks on the ceiling. The ceiling height is about 3m and has beams running from wall to wall. The only rule I must abide with is no damage to the walls, the beams, and specially, the car (White Mercedes E Class bridal chariot).

Need it before Friday.

Thanks In Advance

T-Rex

Template denier
A couple of 8mm diameter plastic coated hooks from Bunnings, screwed into the ceiling joists, and hang the bikes from their front wheels. Total cost about $4, elapsed time 2 minutes.

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
I saw the plastic coated hooks (and S hooks) at Bunning's but I can't use screws or nails. I can use clips or clamps, but nothing that will alter the structural integrity of the beam or walls.

Maybe it'll work if I secure the hooks with some nylon rope. I'm a bit skeptical of the clearance it will leave for the car though but I'll talk it over with my mate and see how we go. Maybe if I hang the bike sideways, it'll give more space.

Ceiling id guess is 3m high, im 183cm and can just walk under all the back wheels

a mate suggested the idea, and i havent looked back!

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
o ised to hang my bkes like this too... just watch out it doesn't damage the seat material. ie put a little padding on the beam or you'll end up with a couple of holes under the seat.