Suggestions for First DH bike. :)

Pegasus

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

I've been planning on getting my FIRST DOWNHILL BIKE.
Right now I'm just trying to plan on which bike im planning on getting so I have a price mark...
I've been thrashing my STP 0 2008, and only been riding hardtails for downhill so I have no clue on what to get, so I'm not quite sure on which bike since I've only ridden a Kona Stab Deluxe.
So any suggestions on what to get would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

chris95

Likes Dirt
hey mate I just got My first dh bike a 07 ALine Park, and it is such an improvement over the old hardtail, Keep having a Look on rotorburn, ebay act. for a good bike thats the right price. You should be able to pick a 06, 07, 08 bike now for a pretty good price. $1500 would be a good price for a first DH bike

Good luck with finding a new new bike and have a look around and dont just buy the first thing you see. Also ask the seller a lot of Questions about the bike and its history,

driftking

Wheel size expert
have you got any idea of the maximum you want to spend on a bike?
the glories are good value however depending how much you want to trust ironhorse with there product warrenties etc then there your best choice for value, they might not have the best componets but when places are selling them for 40% off give and take they are a really good start.
also the moongoose boot'r' is also really good, cheap with high spec.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
has anyone tried a "tell me what bike to buy" thread cause far out there are heaps of these lately oh an btw.......... get a glory

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
has anyone tried a "tell me what bike to buy" thread cause far out there are heaps of these lately oh an btw.......... get a glory
Every post you have made on this website has concluded with some bullshit about purchasing a Glory. For the love of god, clock up some ride time on various bikes, then apply for the privilege of opening your mouth and suggesting something.

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
i only just started dh around 4 months ago and i got a new shore 3 for $2000, its a really nice bike and has done everything ive thrown at it.

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
you could buy a second hand bike, you can get them cheap for around $1500-$2500. Or you could get a cheap freeride bike i got a freeride light bike for my first DH bike.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Every post you have made on this website has concluded with some bullshit about purchasing a Glory. For the love of god, clock up some ride time on various bikes, then apply for the privilege of opening your mouth and suggesting something.
because you would know ALL the bikes ive ridden wouldn't you. Have you ever met me........... no. maybe 10 posts i have stated someone getting a glory and that is because i think mine feels alot better than most other bikes ive ridden which include v-10's sunday's, commencal's plus some. it also seems that everyone of your posts on this site is telling people off for what they shouldnt post maybe you should leave that to the moderator's ;)

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep the Iron Horse and Norco bikes are being cleared out by stores at the moment, they would be a good buy if you are after brand new.

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
specialized bighit's are cheap and durable bikes which suit me for downhill very well (as an owner.)
A very good beginners bike. But thats my 2cents.

hydro9099

Norco Atomik Would Be a Good Bet If you are Prepared to fork out $3000 I got a 08 atomik and it has been awsome it is pretty light for its size but still handles the abuse the only thing i changed was the pedals the newer models that are available have different parts but i prefer the parts on the 08 model compared with the newer models available.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
specialized bighit's are cheap and durable bikes which suit me for downhill very well (as an owner.)
A very good beginners bike. But thats my 2cents.
x2

As an old-school BigHit rider they are excellent bikes for new comers to DH, They are a fairly forgiving bike when it comes to riding and set up. :)

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
i dont care who burns me for this, but my mate just baught a brand new 09 kona stinky for like $2000 and it is a great bike.. its not big, slow n clunky eaither, and its nice just to ride around to, not a pain in the ass like most dh rigs... Does everything smooth and tight.

AND by the way, my other mate just baught a norce shore 3, and i DO NOT like the feel of it, look, its perfect for my mate as he is realy short and has no fear but other than that it has massive derailer clunk and just feels plain wrong, even the geometry of the bike....

but look, its probably just my style (what style??) and the shore might suit you, but to me its heavy, clunky and does the job... but doesent do it fast....

(REPPING THE HUCK TO SNAP.)

dj222

Likes Dirt
i just got my first dh rig from tbsm. it was the haf price sunday and they are sick would recommend one if they have any left or probably somthing like a norco atomik. they are pretty cheap and a solid bike

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Get a Ironhorse sunday.
I just picked up my new Sunday Team X, and it is soooooo sweet. You could get the Team for $2499, which can't steer you wrong.

it also seems that everyone of your posts on this site is telling people off for what they shouldnt post maybe you should leave that to the moderator's
Maybe you should stop researching everyone else's posts to make a point and learn to spell?

In all, there are plenty of bikes going around at the moment, but really it's down to the Sunday and the Glory. They're both awesome, they both perform, they're both going extremely cheap. Go try out both, see what you like best, and you've got a winner. It's really just your preference, and it's probably worth checking out the 'For Sale' section and seeing what there is there.