suicide bullshit.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Like it or not, you can access pretty much any information you want on the interwebs.

I dare say you haven't seen a lot of the horrible videos etc on the net. Some instructions on an extremely common, general knowledge act of cutting yourself doesn't really seem all that terrible to me.
Do a search for self euthanasia or self deliverance in Google and you will find Doctors' instructions on how to end your life painlessly. You can't censor the internet; you can find anything from bomb making to meth lab instructions without too much trouble.

^^^ It's not about stooping that low. It's about existing with a fragile state of mind and diminished responsibility that essentially takes away your ability to DECIDE to stoop that low. Instead, you're involuntarily dragged down. As for referring to suicide as a loser's way ou well sure, loss is a huge part of it, but do people in such a condition actually choose to lose or do they succumb to circumstances beyond their control? Remember, the mind can get sick, just as the rest of the body can. I hope your mum got through her troubles and is doing well.
I view suicide as a symptom of severe depression; people try and rationalise the actions of the severely depressed but they are being controlled by a chemical imbalance in the brain & it is this diminished responsibility that causes their actions, not really a voluntary decision at all. This is different from the impulsive suicide, (most teenage suicide survivors admit spending less than 10 minutes considering their actions), who may be influenced to act on finding a web page like this.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Are you fucking serious? So you're advocating the publicising of suicide methods to assist abused children to commit suicide? Devil's Advocate bailout or not, that one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
I'm not going to continue down this path, as it is terribly sensitive and won't end well. I did not advocate it, just proposed a different perspective after the very one sided responses before mine.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i really hate people who commit suicide. i think its a waste of life but i cant say anything as i have not been in depression. but what really ticks me is when they bloody jump in front of a train or car to die. if you gunna freakin do it, don't do it were it involves other people aswell. my uncles father was a train driver when somebody jumped infront of the train. he never drove one again. fuks people up.

mtb1611

Seymour
I'm not going to continue down this path, as it is terribly sensitive and won't end well. I did not advocate it, just proposed a different perspective after the very one sided responses before mine.
Okay no worries bud, I do actually respect a lot of the things you have to say and agree with your perspective regarding a discontinuation.

mtb1611

Seymour
I view suicide as a symptom of severe depression; people try and rationalise the actions of the severely depressed but they are being controlled by a chemical imbalance in the brain & it is this diminished responsibility that causes their actions, not really a voluntary decision at all. This is different from the impulsive suicide, (most teenage suicide survivors admit spending less than 10 minutes considering their actions), who may be influenced to act on finding a web page like this.
Couldn't agree more (re the highlighted section) and it's very difficult for someone in a rational frame of mind to comprehend just how real depression is, to the depressed.

Interesting analogy re teenage suicide, given that data may only be gleaned from the "unsuccessful", thus raising a question as to how many actually WANTED to die, as opposed to performing an attention-seeking stunt/cry for help.

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Alright, my dad has depression, his dad did and so did his dad. I have been through depression a few times.
Although my depression phases start randomly and only last about a week or two, I know how bad it can get to go through it.

It basically feels like you have just been on a long ride, you don't have any energy, you get angry easily, and you feel like shit. It's always in the back of your mind even when you are seem to be having fun.

I have never tried to kill myself, and I hate people who do it without trying to get help or consider the impacts on there family.

This website is complete shit, I can kind of understand why a website will provide a method to stop people from screwing up and seriously handicapping themselves, but the lack of help or discouragement of the action is so stupid it makes me wonder why there aren't certain regulations to stop websites post shit like this.

thats my 2 cents

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
One of my mates committed suicide in November last year. All my friends and I were completely shocked by it, the only reason we can think that he did it was because his girlfriend of 4 years broke up with him. The bastard rang one of my mates at 4:00 am before he did it saying how he was a good mate and all this. His dad is a Vietnam Vet and has taken it worse than anyone. When I found out what had happened I was almost sick on the spot. The amount of devastation it caused to his family and friends was horrendous. If someone dies of old age, there is at least some closure in that, but with suicide picture 400 people packed into a church, most bawling, not knowing why this happened, and all thinking what they could've done to prevent it. It has a massive chain reaction attached to it.. I'm really surprised his girlfriend has stayed strong and not taken her own life.
The worst thing is knowing that I won't see him ever again. I also have like a 'glazed' feeling about his suicide. I think he was weak and an absolute bastard to do it, but then I'm not sure what to think. All I know is I have to look out for all my friends now and give them a shoulder to lean on if need be.

So, in short, I hope this stuff is seriously wiped from the internet. Some people have no idea about how harmful and destructive they can be. I mean even 1 word spoken can tip someone over the edge, let alone a frickin' instruction manual. Makes me sick to the gut.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think about how you would feel if someone had committed suicide, you've gone through their internet history and you've found that link.

No Licence

Likes Bikes
My auntie commited suicide when i was young, alot todo with my cousin drowned in there pool when he was only 4 and her peice of shit husband abused her cheated on her made her life hell and i hate to think how bad she felt that death was the only way out. You cannot generalise it and say its the losers way out. Sure you can be angry with them. And more recently my mate from work, a quiet dude nice as he had a blew with his missus she told him that she wished he was dead. He left and never came back. It hurts like hell because you sit an think of everything that you ould of done maybe to stop it, that it was a pointless loss. One of my best friends lost her finacee to lukeamia a couple of years ago, that was the first prson i knew my age to die. When you lose someone that way makes it hard to comprehend people commiting suicide when you watch a top bloke fight for his life.

Arete

Likes Dirt
So your enraged that such things like this would be on the internet but your happy to give out the link for it to anyone whos 'interested'?

It is pathetic and really messed up but you have to expect these things. Its the internet for god sake. Any man and his dog (with opposable thumbs of course) can jump on it and type up things such as this. Theres a site full of Body Modification Extremists or BME (you might remember the phrase BME from a video going around) that post up absolute crap about how to mutilate yourself and photos to prove that they've done it.
Hi, I'd be one of those people. Quite frankly, stick it up your arse, sideways, wrapped in a sheet of sandpaper.

Point 1) Body Modification is an age old practice, arguably the oldest form of art is tattoo. 1 in 8 people is tattooed. Are 1 in 8 people "absloute crap"? I see my own modification as an exporation of self. Just because the changes aren't for the mainstream conception of beauty (people like yourself don't seem to have the same issues with cosmetic surgery, a far more extreme, risky and expensive to the public when it doesn't go right - way of modifying yourself) doesn't make them mutilation. Ever heard of self reclaimation through modification for trauma victims? didn't think so.

Point 2) Body Modification EZINE (BME) does not post, or condone the publication of instructions for self modification.

Point 3) The membership of BME is FAR greater than that of Farkin, and it's been online for 13 years. You're not dealing with some small group of extremists, you're dealing with a massive group of people of all sorts of levels of modification from standard ear piercings through to heavy mods. Educate yourself before launching an attack on a group you obviously know nothing about.

Once again, stick it up your arse, and have a nice day.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi, I'd be one of those people. Quite frankly, stick it up your arse, sideways, wrapped in a sheet of sandpaper.

Point 1) Body Modification is an age old practice, arguably the oldest form of art is tattoo. 1 in 8 people is tattooed. Are 1 in 8 people "absloute crap"? I see my own modification as an exporation of self. Just because the changes aren't for the mainstream conception of beauty (people like yourself don't seem to have the same issues with cosmetic surgery, a far more extreme, risky and expensive to the public when it doesn't go right - way of modifying yourself) doesn't make them mutilation. Ever heard of self reclaimation through modification for trauma victims? didn't think so.

Point 2) Body Modification EZINE (BME) does not post, or condone the publication of instructions for self modification.

Point 3) The membership of BME is FAR greater than that of Farkin, and it's been online for 13 years. You're not dealing with some small group of extremists, you're dealing with a massive group of people of all sorts of levels of modification from standard ear piercings through to heavy mods. Educate yourself before launching an attack on a group you obviously know nothing about.

Once again, stick it up your arse, and have a nice day.
Your right, i shouldn't be throwing my misinformed opinions around about BME as i know little to nothing about it but after watching that BME pain olympics video i was pretty disgusted and in absolute shock someone would do such things to themselves. Guess i thought BME was just about cutting off parts of your body for the hell of it.

Arete

Likes Dirt
Sorry for going off the deep end at you. I just dislike the stereotyping that goes along with altering one's body, especially when pics of myself going through an amazing, perspective altering experience end up in some guy's "Check thez freekz out mang" posts on the net.

Some of the more extreme stuff, self amputation and so forth is pretty confronting. That however is not a representation of every single person with a modification or who has done a suspension.

Sorry again.

Back on topic, why not just legalise Nembutol and allow people who want to end their lives do it painessly instead of forcing them to resort to painful, slow and messy demises?

JoshP

Likes Dirt
same thing happened to me too, a guy on msn that i dont even know sent me a link to this crap i looked what it was and went straight out. its just stupid and should be taken off the internet!