summernats 2008

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys went down to canberra yesterday for summernats man was it good went 2 years ago and it was pretty average for the day i went on but yesterday it was great some really nice cars and some sick burnouts made the day for me

has anyone else been or going to go i highly recommend it

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm definately going next year, hopefully my car will have some merrit by then, or at least a mates car :p I love watch the burnouts and just general cruising

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
just got home till tonight in braddon.. thinkin about goin back though cos the missus seems shitty that i came to spend time with her:confused:

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Summernats might have been good when it still was a car festival, rather than a place filled with hoons that terrorise the city for three days. bunch of freshly 18 kids with southern cross tattoos getting trashed and hooting at whatever creature with breasts they happen to see.

Go to ford or chevy nats instead, you'll have a better time.

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Summernats might have been good when it still was a car festival, rather than a place filled with hoons that terrorise the city for three days. bunch of freshly 18 kids with southern cross tattoos getting trashed and hooting at whatever creature with breasts they happen to see.

Go to ford or chevy nats instead, you'll have a better time.
Theres nothing wrong with hooning inside summernats, and who doesn't like tits?

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jd and fire engine slushies tits and burnouts the best combo going around and as for hoons its funny to watch them hit the wall in burnout comps

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres nothing wrong with hooning inside summernats, and who doesn't like tits?
I'm talking about the hoons and scumbags that spill out onto Canberra. And it isn't an issue of not liking tits, it's the fucking derogatory way these people demand to see them. You can't walk in with a girl of any age or shape without a heap of ugly dudes shouting "SHOW US YA (fuckin) TITS." It's fucking wrong.

PEELER

Banned
You can't walk in with a girl of any age or shape without a heap of ugly dudes shouting "SHOW US YA (fuckin) TITS." It's fucking wrong.
was'nt me......(shifty eyes).....

Its a good day out i rekon.i saw a sticker on some guys ut saying"you touch'a my car i f*uck'a your sister...was'nt bad.lol

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with you Roasted. I'm not just talking about the nats, the behavior can be seen on any given day. It's disgusting seeing a pack of bundyrum/holden/west coast choppers shirt wearers prey on a lone female.

I'm aware of the generalisation/stereptype I've just made up but it's pretty true.

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with you Roasted. I'm not just talking about the nats, the behavior can be seen on any given day. It's disgusting seeing a pack of bundyrum/holden/west coast choppers shirt wearers prey on a lone female.

I'm aware of the generalisation/stereptype I've just made up but it's pretty true.
I agree to a certain extent, a large majority of the girls there are basically paid to do that by the summernats orgranisers or brands, also alot of them are skanky bogans who love the attention anyway, it's like girls gone wild or something. But for the girls who arent like that, i dont approve of packs of drunk guys pressuring them

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its really only at about 2pm to midnight it gets worse and worse as people drink more and more but most of the chicks i saw doing it were ok with it and they werent promo girls just average girls and i aggree that some of it was directed a younger girls i saw a few 15-17yr olds (i think) have show us ya tits yelled at them i felt pretty bad for them as they are put into that situation surrounded by guys/girls egging them on peer pressure is a bad thing

my 2c

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I swear that about this time every years Canberra's average IQ drops ten points!

A Commodore is not a sports car!

:eek: You spent all that money on your car and you didn't even get the Holden badge removed! :eek:

I don't care how many horsepowers your mates car has

etc etc etc...

Last edited:

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
I swear that about this time every years Canberra's average IQ drops ten points!

A Commodore is not a sports car!

:eek: You spent all that money on your car and you didn't even get the Holden badge removed! :eek:

I don't care how many horsepowers your mates car has

etc etc etc...
I bet that they dont even give a shit what forks you put on your bike or how fast you can ride a certain track. You cant really bag them for that as it is their pasion and what they enjoy doing.

But i do totally agree in that behavior to females in general is disgusting. I would never take a girl to summer-rats but i must say i do enjoy going each year to see the crazy things people do to their cars.

and they might not be sports cars but they can flog the shit out of most cars regarded as sports cars. untill u reach a corner with most tho.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its not a sports car event cant you people get that through your heads its a v6, v8, old rotors and old sr20s event but mostly supercharged 6's and v8s but it varies as people do different things to their cars like i saw and heard and ej hloden with an sr 20 engin in it and boy did it rip it up (sr20 for anyone that doesnt know is manufactured by nissan and is very popular to upgrade) so may tubbed toranas and supercharged kinswoods i was in heaven

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it isn't a 'sport car' event. But in it's present state I would hardly call it a car festival, more a feeble display of machismo.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
While I love seeing burnouts and well modded cars (and I'll admit the occasional breast is pleasing to the eye) Summernats has devolved over the last few years to being the last place you'd ever want to take any of your family to look at cars.

Any vague semblance of tolerable behavior is straight out the window. It'd lowest common denominator central in there!

Oh and I'm sorry but a Holden Gemini painted metallic purple with 24 inch chrome wheels and 10 profile tyres is not a street machine, it's a wank.

That said, a couple of years ago I was there on the friday for the burnout comp when the Jack Daniels top fuel funnycar that they've built expressly not to have traction was smoking it up and OMG, I've never felt anything so awesome in my life.

I'm conflicted, stunning cars are great to look at/watch but anything winning nowadays has usually just had some rich dude walk into a rod shop, throw 200k on the counter and said "Build me a car that will win top elite at Summernats." They're largely not cars being built by passionate car enthuiasts themselves.

And the troglodyte behaviour is unacceptable, Summernats or not.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dont bag geminis man my bro had one it was sick
there was a v6 twin supercharged gemini there andman did it howl so frixcken nice it no doubt would beat any of the v8 clubsports or hsv's