sun double track and intense mag30

dick

Likes Dirt
hey
just wondering if theres any difference between these rims...couldnt seem to find the double tracks on the site.
thanks

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thankyou for posting this topic, i really needed the answer for this becuse im about to upgrade rim and deciding between mag 30's or ay other rim lik double track

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mag30's and double tracks are exactly the same rim just double tracks are only available as part as a stock bike, Mag 30's are available on there own

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Turley said:
mag30's and double tracks are exactly the same rim just double tracks are only available as part as a bike, Mag 30's are available on there own
Turley are you for real?

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i think the doubletracks are made out of a different alloy but use the same design as the Mag30's as well. phantomcycles told me they had doubletracks in stock but it might just be old stock

wombat

Lives in a hole
Turley said:
Yes I am for real.
Well then you're really wrong :p .

The two rims share their profile but as Chewy said, they're a substantially different alloy. Does the doubletrack have reinforced eyelets either?

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
Turley said:
Yes I am for real.
Well then you're really wrong :p .

The two rims share their profile but as Chewy said, they're a substantially different alloy. Does the doubletrack have reinforced eyelets either?
mag 30's have magnesium in them and i am pretty sure they have reinforced eyelets but i could be wrong

edwin veal

Likes Dirt
i just bought a mag30 and it rocks
i rang dirt works and they said that both the rims are the same just with different stickers but i have since found that the mag30 does have some magnesium in it which makes it lighter
and dirtworks do have both rims if you want one or the other

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dirt works have them now in stock?
can i buy for them? how much are they selling them off for?

edwin veal

Likes Dirt
dirtworks are the new importers off topend sunrims and they have plenty
i got mine within 5 days of ordering them just ask your lbs to order though cause dirtworks dont like dealing with the public
$130 for either and this is fixed so dont pay any more

wombat

Lives in a hole
andrew said:
dirtjerks are clueless
Hehehehe. :)

Oh, and Edwin Veal, $130 may be retail, but if it's a special order and you're impatient don't forget about the chance of freight.

edwin veal

Likes Dirt
yeah
some places i asked at were going to charge freight but i managed to order mine as my lbs ordered some new stock so i didnt have to worry bout that

smooth

Likes Dirt
iv got the d-track.. strong as hell , had them for bout 12 months adn only now do i need to get them trued. my mate is running the mag's and he has no complaints so i think either one is a fairly safe option.

do they still make d-tracks ? i heard they were'nt anymore?

wombat

Lives in a hole
That's what we try and do most of the time, piece together an order to offset the freight, but sometimes it means waiting a few more days, so if you're in a hurry and want a special order, expect to pay freight.