sunday bmx.

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
thought id post my half built sunday. why not this is a bmx/ street line and i couldnt be screwed posting it in post my ride where some 12 r old kid will say hey thats a half built bmx.
bed 4.jpg
frame:sunday bike frame 21" grey
fork:sunday morning
bars:sunday tudor
stem:green animal jump off
headset: fsa impact
grips: odi longneck
bar end: shadow conspircay green
seatclamp: shadow alfred
seatpole: shadow ti (some shit seatpole in the pic but)
saddle: shadow crow green
cranks: profile race 175mm
sprocket: tree green 28t
pedals: ody cilenki mag sealed
chain: izumi
hubs: profile mini front and profile mini 1 pc driver rear (both black with ti axles and hex bolts)
rims: hazard lt black front chrome rear
brakes: primo j lever lh on a sliver nokon line attached to green revenge brakes
all in all should be good when i can afford the last legs of it all i need now are brakes and hub.

taylor-91

Likes Dirt
sounds like its gonna be a awsome/light setup once you finish with it.the stem stands out nicely:cool: ... post some pics up when its done

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
fuck yeah sick bike

a dude rides one aorund up here green frame and for and barks

with yellow and green spokes and a blue stem

i think he is colour blind

niceb ikethough

SEF

Likes Dirt
why don't u get the profile hubs and sproket in green and the brake cable in green aswell then it would look madddd.

Jordy

RYD4LF
looks pretty nice. are they the wide sunday bars or the others ?

I just got a pair of the wide ones today, fuckin sick.

If your going to build up such a nice profile wheelset. go sevenka rims over hazard lites. bit more expensive. but just as strong and lighter. but its up to you !

Either way should turn out sweet.

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the wide sunday bars are called the TRIUMPH bars.
Personally I think Jim C did an awsome job on the design of the frame! hollow dropouts..what a thought!

Anyway looks awsome!

bmx4life

Banned
no the drop-outs are a shit idea, lighter than 6mm, stronger than 4mm, why not make it 5mm then, same weight as before, but you can save more weight by cutting down the axle to flush, but now you need a even longer axle

Jordy

RYD4LF
no the drop-outs are a shit idea, lighter than 6mm, stronger than 4mm, why not make it 5mm then, same weight as before, but you can save more weight by cutting down the axle to flush, but now you need a even longer axle

a 5mm drop out is going to be more rigid sideways than the 4mm.so not as easy to bend and cutting a ti axle (possibly hollow) down the extra mm isnt going to save as much as the hollow.

Im pretty sure Jim thought out the design alot more than you "bmx4life"

Its a smart idea. and for its first year of production. gives the frame something others do not offer

Jordy

RYD4LF
Exactly what i was about to say Jordy!:)
yay ! Saved you typing it up. pretty sure the whole "shit idea blah blah" thing would have come from 40 kids on ozscene just posting anything

Today we got the new focal point bmx magazine in. It has another smart looking bike with cnced dropouts advertised made by www.temperedbikes.com

bmx4life

Banned
no the sunday drop-outs are shit, i know alot of people who would not be able to use them because their axles are too short. Sunday drop-outs is the only innovative thing they haven't compied

their forks are odysseys with different drop-outs and different top cap, they bars are all copies of a different bar just lighter. and 41 thermal tubing is again copied from odyssey

oh and those tempered bike frames are nice. their drop-outs save weight without being fucking stupid. except they have wierd sizings

bmx4life

Banned
yeah the sizing is like 21TT with 14" rear stays, 20.6TT with 13.75" stays, and 20TT with 13.5" stays.

they are $400ish

Jordy

RYD4LF
no the sunday drop-outs are shit, i know alot of people who would not be able to use them because their axles are too short. Sunday drop-outs is the only innovative thing they haven't compied

their forks are odysseys with different drop-outs and different top cap, they bars are all copies of a different bar just lighter. and 41 thermal tubing is again copied from odyssey

oh and those tempered bike frames are nice. their drop-outs save weight without being fucking stupid. except they have wierd sizings
its not copied. its licensed from. there arent all that many parts on a bmx frame you can innovate. headtubes? internal or external cups. gyro tabs ?...

I always thought the main feature on a fork would be the dropouts which as you said. they have made differently.....they didnt "copy" bars. they took a good design. and made it better, with less weight.

Because your friends cut their axles too short to run with a sunday frame, does not make them "shit" I gave reasons a second ago to why they are not shit.