DH Sunday finally done 100% complete

• Thread starter Deleted member FN2187
  • Start date
D

Deleted member FN2187

So the missus has "Allowed" me to build up another DH bike, If I can do it for under a grand. I managed to do it all for $1000 exactly. I picked up the frame and forks on eBay for $500, Which to my surprise was one of the original Sunday factory frames made in the US by Kinesis. I busted out the masking tape and tried to get creative with the paint job. Now Finally complete!

Sorry for the shit photos.

IMAG0495.jpg

Spec:
Frame: 2006 Ironhorse Sunday Factory
Forks: 2008 RS Boxxer team.... custom stickers
Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller OCT
Bars: Superstar yardstick. 915 wide......... Yes 915mm wide (1 imperial yard)
Guide: Superstar Plasma
Seat: WTB Silverado
Pedals: Shimano PD M424
Wheels: Superstar DHX
Tyres: Mazzis Minion DHF 2.5
Brakes: M975 XTR's with blue lines and metallic pads

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking good mate,
I think you may have gotten an even better bargain than you thought as that is a 2007 frame at the oldest. It has the 2007+ linkages which eliminated many of the problematic play issues the older style had.

Looking forward to seeing the finished build.

Am also rebuilding an old sunday at the moment, will post pics when complete.

D

Deleted member FN2187

Looking good mate,
I think you may have gotten an even better bargain than you thought as that is a 2007 frame at the oldest. It has the 2007+ linkages which eliminated many of the problematic play issues the older style had.

Looking forward to seeing the finished build.

Am also rebuilding an old sunday at the moment, will post pics when complete.
Sweet, Well it was originally Yellow and white when I bought it. I assumed it was one of the original Mad Catz bikes.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy wide bars batman!
Cool to see so many sundays getting re builds of late.... makes me want to do it to mine

D

Deleted member FN2187

Those bars are stupid. Cut them down they will nothing except annoying.
Yeah I know. I have all intention of cutting them down. 850 will be plenty wide enough me thinks. Bear in mind I am 6'3" and probably half that across the shoulders so if anyone can justify them it'd be me.

Bretto172

Likes Dirt
Nice Sunday

Yeah I know. I have all intention of cutting them down. 850 will be plenty wide enough me thinks. Bear in mind I am 6'3" and probably half that across the shoulders so if anyone can justify them it'd be me.
Sweet Sunday mate, looks awesome. Such a classic bike..

I'm 6'5 and run 800's I reckon I could definitely go wider on the bars without it being silly.. All depends on where you ride really.

Nice work anyway

D

Deleted member FN2187

Fuck all the haters, had my first ride today and the Bars are staying uncut! feel sooooo good.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Matt, you've never been one to do things by halves. A grand for that is impressive!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Looks mint Matt, would love some photos of those fork lowers, they look awesome!
You getting out and riding DH much?

D

Deleted member FN2187

Matt, you've never been one to do things by halves. A grand for that is impressive!
Thanks dude. I do like fixing/modifying/beautifying anything. Love a good project bike.

Looks mint Matt, would love some photos of those fork lowers, they look awesome!
You getting out and riding DH much?
Yeah man, I've been trying to get out as much as possible since it's been finished. The poor AM bike has been shelved for a few weeks. Living in Canberra has got it's benefits. The only problem is deciding which bike to ride and where. Here is a pic of the lowers.
IMAG0513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finished product looks great! Where did you get the decals? Both fork and frame decals look mint!

D

Deleted member FN2187

Finished product looks great! Where did you get the decals? Both fork and frame decals look mint!
Found a guy on Ebay from the UK called RyDesign doing some really cool and creative stuff. Really high quality Vinyl and packaging too.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
yogi the finished product looks trick as! im lovin the blue with black of the hoses and lines, wish i could do my specialized in green :D haha but top build on a budget