Cranks: FSA Gravity Light
Guide: e.13 LG1
Shifter/Derailleur: SRAM XO/X9
Pedals: Wellgo MG1
Wheels: Hope Pro 2 front/Nuke Proof Generator rear on Mavic EX721
Cassette: Dura Ace 12-25
Tyres: Minion 2.5 F
Saddle: SDG I-Fly C

Weight is 17.96kg with a steel spring in the fork, 17.84kg with Ti.

BOS On Sunday.jpg Sunday WC with BOS.jpg

Last edited:

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just creamed...

have you got a spec list by any chance... from what i can see it looks like is got to be a pretty alright one

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Bike is awesome! Bit heavier than i expected though... Still one mad ride though =D

Housing is to protect the cable housing from chainslap ;)

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WOW, very nice indeed. The BOS stuff just looks so much nicier than the DHX 5's and Lyrics etc. Such as nice look though, and the spec on that Sunday is so nice.

Couldn't help but notice, you even have red banjo bolts (Is that right?) for the brakes. The look awesome.

But all in all, very very nice.

H

>Henry

Does it feel wierd with just the rear shock and no Idyle upfront? Because I remember Nicho mentioning that having the Idyle upfront and not having the Stoy on the back made it feel wierd in his intial review of the Idyle. But maybe it's not the same for the Stoy.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's up with the derailleur cable housing? Bike looks mad.
Makes it quieter and is greater protection for the cable to stop the chain slap wrecking the housing.

Sam Hill's mechanic did it so it must be good :). As aswell as the velcro stuck to the rear swingarm.

Really nicely presented Sunday by the way mate. Mint spec. BOS still do aftermarket cartridges for 40's? Be a worthwhile next step. Get both ends on the same sort of damping.

Last edited:

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just cause every one has/had a sunday, I never liked them.
But I like yours well done on spec.

In a Borat voice.

''VERY NICE''.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike. How does it ride with the bos shock.

I am putting a bos shock into my new intense M6.

I keep hearing that you should also put a set of bos forks on the bike because the way the rear bos shock handles makes the boxxers/fox forks dive and feel like crap. How does your bike handle it???

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike. How does it ride with the bos shock.

I am putting a bos shock into my new intense M6.

I keep hearing that you should also put a set of bos forks on the bike because the way the rear bos shock handles makes the boxxers/fox forks dive and feel like crap. How does your bike handle it???
I haven't really had much time on it yet. At the moment I'd say that it glides over small stuff like nothing I've ever ridden and still ramps up really well on huge hits. I've just got to mess around with the settings for all the mid-sized chunder in between.

It is sprung quite soft at 275lb, where I'd normally run 300lb on a Vivid and 300-350lb on a DHX (didn't rate the DHX at all), and because of this it makes the fork feel quite stiff. I've put a softer spring in the fork to try and even it up but I'm still experimenting with the high/low compression in the fork to make both ends feel similar.

I need more time on it to get a better idea though.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Darren don't hesitate to let me know if you need any set up tips for your shock. will be glad to help.

nicho

udi

swiss cheese
Sweet ride, what do you think of the elixirs in terms of raw power/bite? can you compare them to codes by any chance?

Hey nicho - how much cost does the link add to the bos kit, can you buy the sunday tuned bos without the link? And does the shock fit manitou/progressive size springs?

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet ride, what do you think of the elixirs in terms of raw power/bite? can you compare them to codes by any chance?
They're more powerful than older Saint and Juicy 7's that I'd ridden a lot before these. Not quite as powerful as Codes and not even close to the new 4-pot Saint but with really good modulation. I'm liking them a lot so far.

nicho said:
Darren don't hesitate to let me know if you need any set up tips for your shock. will be glad to help.
Cheers, will do.