Sundial park djs

Hey fellas, the local dirt jumps at sundial park tewantin on the sunny coast are all tables. I have heard rumours about that they will be knocking down the current jumps and the woods around the park, and building a brand new set of big djs and a pumptrack. Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,
Sam

djseb

Likes Bikes
hey man thats sic i live jsut up the road and where did u hear this from because there used to be about 5 doubles that they knocked down and built thoes tables and every1 was really excited but because the were not shaped the jumps soon became unpopular so i doubt they r doing it again as this was less than 2 years ago but that would be sic im up for helping and possibly have a couple of friends

yeah mate who r u? Just heard it from a mate whos dad is in touch with the council, would be super cool if they did. I know a lot of people are keen to pitch in but now all we need is the councils approval, if we did it would be sweeeetttt. Would stop the little tackers from killing the lips with their oversized sprockets.

djseb

Likes Bikes
ye man thats sic im seb i ride a brodie creting painted green now i ride with chris findlay sam fraiser leon hanselman jayden cunning ham all those guys who r you

master@dh

Likes Dirt
yer im up for helping... if they are up to give us dirt and machinary. my name is sam fraser, give me a call if u hear any more aye. 041 4567 726
:cool:

yeah mate, i was the dude who rode the Rocky Mountain Switch at kenilworth (on the build day), you probably remember me as the really slow guy who is too pussy to hit the big jump, you ride the chumba f5 right? Yeah, i was thinking about taking some dirt out from the middle of each jump, (to form a gap). Also, we could remove the small little stuff from some of the sides (whoops etc.) and use that dirt to create bigger lips etc.

I know that the council may also not be up for giving us dirt, it would just be a bonus if they did. However as already said i think that we could use dirt from the current jumps. I am up for digging into the jumps for some bigger doubles, i am getting sick of going their and riding the same old tables. I dnt really ride with to many people, i usually ride with tate and cameron, but on occasions i ride with with anthony and dan (anthony rides an ironhorse sunday and a Haro thread).

Instead of completely knowcking down the trees (it will raise some complaints from the old people in the area,) we could try to use some dirt to make a small pumptrack varying around the trees and stuff.

All in all it will take a while but we could try to get council to contribute for some more dirt and to take out some trees.

I also know that their is a professional bmx djer (or was) who is a member of the council and we could try to persuay him, we could probably do it. As you said Sam, their might not be machinary because of the cost, but it is pretty possible as a 'shovel and barrow' job. (if we have a decent number of peeps).

If possible i could try to send a request for council etc, but i will try to organise a day where we could turn up and give the jumps a fix etc.

If anyone disagrees with this, please pm me.

Also be noted that sundial is a large park, and this project will take the course of a few months, so dont expect it to all happen in one day,

CHEERS,
Sam.

Last edited:
Great news fellas, just talked to my mum and she said that shes good friends with a member of the council, she said that she can put a request in for more dirt but, it may be a hassle to knoc down a few trees

djseb

Likes Bikes
hey man ive heard some1 has built them up so they are fairly decent now is that you and would you be able to upload some pics as i have my foot in a cast and havent been down there in ages

yea, a few of my mates built the lips up like an xtra foot or so on most of the jumps, makes just for higher takeoffs, might go out there this arvo.

Cheers,
Sam.