Sunglasses on trails

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
Hey fellas, hey need some advice on glasses for riding. I have used sunnies before but they were too dark and even darker in the shadows, what's a good brand with changeable lenses I saw somewhere smith glasses were on sale can t remember where, they any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hey fellas, hey need some advice on glasses for riding. I have used sunnies before but they were too dark and even darker in the shadows, what's a good brand with changeable lenses I saw somewhere smith glasses were on sale can t remember where, they any good?
You will get a zillion good responses for this one. Maybe have a look at photochromic lenses if you have a mix of light dark or dawn/dusk conditions. The down side is that they are a bit more pricey but the auto darkness adjustment based on the amount of light is a damn handy thing.

The two camps are get great quality glasses that make go 'arrrggh' when you inevitable drop them on a pointy rock.
Or go budget and don't worry too much when they go schnappen.

Here is another exciting sunglasses thread for your enjoyment ......

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?306682

stirk

Burner
You will get a zillion good responses for this one. Maybe have a look at photochromic lenses if you have a mix of light dark or dawn/dusk conditions. The down side is that they are a bit more pricey but the auto darkness adjustment based on the amount of light is a damn handy thing.

The two camps are get great quality glasses that make go 'arrrggh' when you inevitable drop them on a pointy rock.
Or go budget and don't worry too much when they go schnappen.

Here is another exciting sunglasses thread for your enjoyment ......

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?306682
You had to go and ruin it didn't you, I was poised for my usual reply to a another sunglasses question!

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I have Oakley Flak Prism Trails. They are particularly good early in the mornings when the sun is quite low and there is a lot of sun/shadow/sun/shadow. I rate them quite highly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You had to go and ruin it didn't you, I was poised for my usual reply to a another sunglasses question!
Doh..... I was on one of my efficiency kicks that just doesn't work here.

You are right, more dribble needed

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
oakly prisms /end thread!

they dont darken the sun, make everything a bit sharper and clearer , can ride through trees then out into the open easy

photocromatics do not change fast enough

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I just ride with Chuck Norris - he dims the sun when it's too bright...

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
Bought some jawbreaker foakleys with 3 different lenses will review in 50 days when they arrive

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looking good. Please give us a review once you have road tested them.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
I found the frames comfortable 70k ride, I used the red lense which was fine for the weather conditions ( overcast) the vents in the lens sent a good flow of air thru no fogging whatsoever.
Went for a hit at the driving range in the arvo and used the dark polarised lens which were faultless. All in all for $25 inc shipping these will do me, not scared of dropping, losing off the back of the car etc. they are rebranded as queshark so they are not trying to sell them as Oakley which is cool